1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Met a guy on an app, but I am afraid to tell my men's group, wwyd?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by QueerTransEnby, Jan 25, 2015.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I met a guy on a dating app., but I am afraid to tell the guys in my gay/bi men's group because I find 2 of them attractive. I should be clear that we talked and chatted online for an hour and agreed to a date in a week or so. Our group normally goes around the room as an icebreaker to share the most exciting thing in the week. I wanted to tell them, but I also don't want them to think I'm taken or a slut for using said app in case the opportunity opens up to go out with them. I do like these guys and have been going to the group for 9 months and trust them. These two members I find attractive are semi-regulars but are not there every week. What would you do?

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Who says the hookup has to be a hookup? If you're self conscious, you can always tell people you went on a date.

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, we haven't met at all, the guy on the app. I mean. No sex or anything. Everyone knows I do long term relationships only. I personally don't consider dating two guys at the same to be wrong, just a physical or bf/bf relationship to be wrong in double dipping at the same time. That's just my policy... But I suppose saying that we went on a date doesn't mean I am taken. I don't want to reveal this though without implying that I am still available. I just don't want to make it obvious to either one that I like them...yet at least.