1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If given the choice, would you go back to a specific week in your life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by QueerTransEnby, Jan 25, 2015.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you had a chance of going back one week in YOUR life, would you do it? If so, what week? Would you change your actions or just re-live what you did exactly as it was?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd go back to April 2, 2006; that's when my life changed I suppose. I, honestly think that things would be A LOT different for me, if I'd turned down the person I have been currently dating on/off for 9+ years.

I hate to sound ungrateful, but loving this person has messed me up in head literally, sadly.

#2 pinklov3ly, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  3. Night Rain

Yes. And I would change it because it was the biggest mistake of my life.

4. Lyana

There are things I regret doing... some big things... but if I hadn't done them, they wouldn't have affected me, and I wouldn't have learned some important things and grown as a person. So even though I regret these things and sometimes wish I could fix them, I don't know if I would, given the opportunity. A selfish part of me hopes I wouldn't. I think my mistakes made me who I am today.

So if it's not a matter of fixing my mistakes... I would probably go back to a happy week. Maybe a vacation somewhere, and relive happy memories, and see things I'd almost forgotten.

5. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I would go back to the week of my senior trip. Disney World with my idiot classmates. It was a weird time because we pretty much all bonded. Plus my friend Sam would be there. I think I would hang out with him more.

6. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd go back to the first week of November 2013. I think that if I could change some of the things I said or done, it would have quite a bit of impact in my, then, future.

It's not the thing I regret most but it recently caused me a lot of pain and kept me up a few nights.

7. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The moment I came out to her. I should have told her I loved her too... I think the outcome would have been the same anyway so why bother?

8. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Yup. The last week of summer 2010.

I should have done something. We both wanted to, but I held back. And now... Well, we are still holding back. And you are living a lie (not your first one since that time either).

9. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Difficult to choose just one occasion opted for my 18th birthday it was the start of a shitty period of my life .

10. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. I think about it. All of the time. Around July or August of 2006. I'd make it to where that never happened. Because in October of either 2006 is where I lost the ability to trust anybody. Bot men and women. Kind of the reason, I pushed myself further into homosexuality. Don't get me wrong, I was gonna be gay anyway, but at least I would have been spared all of the drama and depression.

But maybe not. I wouldn't be who I am now if it didn't happen. But then again, I would've had a scholarship and actually have gone to college and finished. The depression got in the way of that and I totally wasted my chances during high school. Still graduated... but with no scholarships or anything else to get me into college. My parents wouldn't pay for it...

11. Thedistra

I'd go back to the week before a friend of mine passed away and spend time with him instead of doing whatever it was I was doing. Eh I made it a little sad but it is all that comes to mind as being a big thing to change.

I can live with everything else as I slowly stop regretting them.

12. tulman

Not just a week but the period of my life when I had a very bad temper. I caused a lot of hurt and stress to those I love the most. I feel like I have to spend the rest of my life making it up to them.

13. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Summer of 2006 - one week in July. That summer was long and hot. Really enjoyed myself that year.

14. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I would go back to the first week of school in 3rd grade and continue being friends with Joel even though we were in different classes.

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would go back to the week before Halloween when my friend was here and we painted ourselves green like Elphaba in Wicked and went to the pub green just for the sake of it. <3 And also the night before we walked by the river Thames and it was so almost-romantic, if only she was my lover it would have been. <3

16. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back when i was seventeen on my first suicide attempt and make myself do it right.

Or i would go back to the day i was raped and stop myself from leaving the house.

17. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Pinklov3ly's post really made me think. My first relationship with a woman really messed up my head too. But would I change it? If not for her I might have lived a straight life my whole life. So probably not that.

Second marriage, when I knew the day before the wedding that it was all wrong and was too chicken to call it off....I'd go back and save myself all that pain.