1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone here lost 3-5 kilos in 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Jan 25, 2015.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Hey so I use to be pretty fit/basically a twig almost but now I've put a bit more weight on. My family think I look fine but I still would like to lose 3-5 kilos as soon as possible. I'm willing to put the work into it too so that's not exactly the problem.

I have a mountain bike and a rowing machine and a bike machine upstairs. The mountain bike is outside. I just need a plan! And someone who has actually lost as much as I'm talking about within the span of 2 weeks please I need your advice! Thank you! x

#1 ChloeKiss, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  2. Zombi3

Hey Chloezz

Well, its possible. Eat more veg, and drink a lot of water, do hardcore workout, but make sure you rest.. Don't over exhert yourself.

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Thank you!

More answers are welcome :slight_smile:

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lost 2 kilos on accident in one week in a summer camp (because of malnutrition & exercise), that's not the way it should go.

It's definitely possible to lose weight quickly, but I'm not knowledgeable on the subject. I thought that trying eat without excesses (so a balanced diet) and exercising is the best way to lose weight. Don't overlook the possibility of drinking water instead of fizzies and such. :icon_bigg

5. m e l v i n

i did :slight_smile: just last Christmas break.. every break actually, because i tend to gain a few pounds stress eating every semester :grin: what i do is just an intense all out cardio plan that takes just a little less than 2 weeks before classes starts every sem.. i have all the time anyway.. so i just jog outside at least an hour and a half every morning and just keep my self active all throughout the day.. i dance, i lift (just light weight dumbells, around 10 lbs, mainly just for cardio purpose only, and i lift while jogging, walking or dancing), and i keep walking all day, even inside the house and wherever i go.. my rule is, i can't sit still or stand still or lie down for more than 15 minutes (except when eating of course).. i really lost a lot, i mean a LOT.. i don't know how much exactly, but i can tell by my body, i felt so much lighter, and my waist was insane, my core was just so fit.. maybe you can use the rower and the bike too, since you already have them, but for me, it's cardio exercises without any equipment that works best.. maybe because when you use those, you're targeting only a specific area of your body, and not working you're whole body like when you jog or dance.. besides, i think jogging and dancing is more intense and is better for weight loss, since you're not doing routine stuffs.. you burn fats more evenly, which for me is a more natural looking weight loss :grin:

of course i also cut back on food, i ate less carbs (meaning less rice for me).. (but don't go on a totally no-carbs diet, carbs is actually important because it's what your body uses to burn fat, so just eat enough to burn).. this means that my meals are mainly protein (more of lean white meat like fish and chicken without the skin) and veggies, i like it though :slight_smile: .. i drink lots of water.. i don't know if that really helps, but i definitely need fluids to keep me hydrated.. just 3 meals and no snack..

well, that's just me, and weight loss hugely depends on the person.. different people has different level of metabolism.. i actually prefer to be a little chubby, but the whole workout process is just fun and i really feel the satisfaction when i loss weight and know that i can still do it when i want to.. but P.S. i'm no trainer or am i a weight loss expert, that's just what worked for me.. anyway, good luck to you :slight_smile:

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's always the risk of quickly bouncing back after enforced hunger. It's best to eat as much healthy food as would satiate you and exercise a reasonable amount. Maintaining fitness is more important than speedily shedding fat.

I've done it before - as it happens, I had anorexia. So I very, very strongly advise against rapid weight-loss and any technique to achieve it.

7. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's possible. You'll have to work really hard for two weeks on a restrictive diet, and after that you still have to work your ass off if you don't want to gain the weight back. Not very healthy. Unless you have a deadline in two weeks you're most certainly better off doing it the boring way, by exercising and eating healthy food.

8. Chameleon

I'm hoping to do something similar soon. I was on the medication Zoloft for the past 2 years or so, which one of the side effects is slowing down the metabolism and making it super easy to gain weight, which I did. However I just recently got off the drug so now I'm hoping the pounds become much easier to lose.

9. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but it's mostly water weight (i.e. not fat), and you generally can't lose that quickly after the first few weeks of dieting/sustained exercise.

Or at least that's my experience with it.

10. tulman

Sure it can be done. Keeping it off is the hard part. Lose weight too fast and you give up muscle as well as fat. 1Kilo in 2 weeks would be more realistic. That you can do sensibly.

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    3 to 5 kilos in 2 weeks is a little too much.
    That's 6.6 to 11 pounds for us Americans.

They say you can safely lose 2 pounds a week, and it won't be easy to do. It will take work. That means smaller meals and leaner meals, as well as daily exercise, preferably consuming at least 500 to 750 calories each time you go to exercise.

If you follow the "safe" rule, that means you can safely lose 1.82, or 2, kilos in that 2 week period. Any more than that and you're pushing it, and not in a good way.

Be safe.

12. kakich

kakich Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I lost 9 kilos a few month ago. All I did was this - I stopped eating fatty and sugar foods. I started doing for a walk everyday (without Sunday) for 1,5 hours. I started dining earlier - my last meal for the day was around 6 pm.
    Btw - my walk contained walking, 5-10 min jogging and changing the speed of walking (from very slow to very fast).
    9 kilos for 3 months.

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2015 at 09:15 AM ----------

I agree. Medically, the normal weight you should loose for 1 month is from 3 to 5 kilos.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Like others have said, it's possible -- if you go balls to the wall, but even then that's really pushing it.

Realistically, you'd want to lose, as others have also said, 1-2 pounds a week. You can do this by replacing higher calorie foods with lower ones, opting for healthier dishes, and being more active. But do keep in mind, it is easy to slip back into old habits, thus gaining the weight back -- and, after a certain period of time, any excess weight becomes more and more difficult to get rid of, as the body begins to adapt to this.

I've found the easiest way for me to keep my weight in check, is to snack throughout the day, on things, like cherries. When I eat a meal, I make sure the portions are appropriate, and try to avoid ridiculously sugary or sweet foods. By allowing myself to 'eat when I want', I don't go through the whole wanting-to-eat temptation that breaks so many folks, making it hard for them to lose or maintain weight. Vegetables and fruits, all day every day, along with juices and water.

You'll have to learn to cope with your mind and body, who will try and trick you into eating 'just one snack cake' or 'drinking one soda', because they know you'll, likely, go for a second snack cake or a second soda. It's what they are used to, if that is what you eat and drink. The body will also feign hunger, if you change your eating habits, since it isn't quite used to that. The mind will also, constantly, tell you, it doesn't like this change, and that the old ways were just fine. If you can deal with this, then you're past the hardest hurdle.

Keeping active is key. You don't have to lift mountains or run marathons, but do keep active, maybe walk around the block a time or two, curl some weights, or do some jumping jacks. Just anything, really, to get the body up and going. Personally, I like to jog to get myself started, and then go into whatever it is I'd like to, which is usually running or lifting. Just so long as you keep a routine, and eat appropriately, the pounds will start to shed off, in the beginning, fairly quickly. After that, though, it can become more difficult, but by that time you should be in a comfortable routine, and capable of handling that.