1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

teases are assholes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kem, Jan 26, 2015.

1. kem

kem

also, mixed signals >:[[[

I was at a birthday party. Costumes were involved. He was a cat and seemed to be at a huge discomfort over his get-up (I didn't have one but I was donated a white corset and leather leggings haha).
    So I thought I'd talk to him, and a couple of hours later he was purring with his head on my lap and I was stroking his hair and he was practically begging me not to get up, so I tried to stay close to him without getting too touchy.
    As time passed however, he suddenly distanced himself and didn't say another word >__> sucks.

Anyone have similar incidents happen to them, I need to feel less lonely

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well...I can't say that I've ever been to a costume party where a guy dressed as a cuddly animal would pretend to be purring next to me...but hey, it could happen eventually! :grin:

There is something powerful about getting into a costume, it's about taking on a different personality, so he may have felt "safer" exploring this different aspect of himself...until it just got too uncomfortable for him.

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do when he is "just himself", unless he approaches you again "in real life".

3. kem

kem

"naughty sex birthday" was the theme. I guess I could try explaining, but... I'd rather not. Fortunately everyone was having fun (at least towards the end of the evening).

Yeah, I suppose you are right. I've yet to hear back from him so I suppose he just felt like having a bit of fun whilst lubricated with liquid courage.

With similar incidents I meant any anecdotes about being teased or misled :grin:

4. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was cute, in a funny way :lol: ...till he got up of course.
    Now, to the point... I've had a similar - I think - experience, with mixed signals etc. And with a guy purring at me and pretending to be a cat, but that's another story. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It was this summer. It was night, I had to leave for an excavation in two days and I was trying to escape a rather boring party, when I saw a girl on the street, walking alone with some guys. I immediately liked her (erasing the overly dramatic description) and we stood for a bit staring at each other. I kept wondering who she was. The next night I was out with my boyfriend (he had taken my bike and disappeared... somewhere...) and my best friend, looking for her boyfriend in a small tavern, when I saw her. She was in his group of friends. She stared at me again and whispered something to a guy. The guy called me and asked me if my best friend was my girlfriend and if I liked girls. I responded honestly, and she was laughing. Then the guy introduced us but my friend dragged me by the hand and said "let's gooo". I left the other day, and spent hours looking for her on facebook. I eventually found her and we were chatting. She said she was a lesbian, she liked me, she knew I liked her, that we have to go out etc. I returned excited to see her. And I broke up with my boyfriend. And we went out and swam in the sea but the only thing I managed to do was to hug her. We went out a couple of times, but never alone, she always was with friends and I felt like I was dragged around trying to find the right time to make a move. The last day she was in Greece (she's Portuguese) she was distant and rudely told me to finally stop talking. I felt awful and quit. I asked what happened through facebook, just to know, though probably we won't ever meet, and she said "you're beautiful but I decided I only like your soul".

It's disappointing and sad when someone seems like they like you, you like them and then they just distance and disappear. :icon_sad: Pathetic as it sounds, I still hope she's gonna come again this summer...

Ok, I'm borderline off-topic. :grin:

5. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did I kill the thread? :/

6. kem

kem

ahh no I just missed it and I was busy :astonished:
    That sounds really shitty, I'm really sorry! "I decided I only like your soul" wow you know I'm actually glad I only got the silent treatment.

#6 kem, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  7. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, don't worry :slight_smile:
    I said it mostly because nobody else is posting stories...

8. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Typical cat behavior!

Haha well, I understand in the LGBT world it's difficult to find people we are interested in and have them be interested in us back.

Often people do one thing and all of a sudden do another. In your situation I would say the issue isn't so much about this one guy who showed interest in you for half a night, but the frustration you are experiencing in the dating world. It's difficult to meet people and find suitable relationships (which you can define that in whatever it is you are looking for).

Cat-boy missed out on an opportunity, opportunities for you though are out there. This one didn't work out but maybe another one will. Keep going to parties, keep meeting people, expand your network, expand your hobbies. Do anything you can to meet people. You will do great!