1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Music Calms you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kid Quasar, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Kid Quasar

What do you listen to when you're feeling down? Listen to anything specific when you goto sleep?

For me it has to be techno. I just can't get enough of the stuff. I really like the romantic ones like Waves by Dj Satomi

2. MLCarr

I swim laps. It lets me a) beat up the water without actually doing any damage to myself or others and b) lets me think without interruption. I love it.

3. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have music for varying decrease of frustratedness on a scale of one to ten (ten being as mad as I get)
    1-anything (I don't consider rap music, I'm sorry if that offends)
    2/3-pretty much anything, specifically kd land and the cd incincible summer or the indigo girls and their cd closer to fine
    4-kd land-hymns of the 49th paralle (or as I call it, h.o.t. 49)
    5-still h.o.t 49
    6-sigur ros or kd lang
    7/8-starfield or kd lang
    9-vulgaires machins and their song compter les corps
    10-anyone of the afore mentionned artists/cd's/songs but at twice the (already really loud) volume

4. STK

STK Guest

5. HalfInsane

Basically any kind of music will calm me down if I'm stressed or upset... unless it's a really cheerful kind of song. If I'm unhappy, happy music just makes it worse... not sure if that's weird or not...

6. Miles D

ALL. I love any music. It all works. Classical, emo, opera, punk, motown, classic rock, blues, soul, you name it!!!

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can see that. Music compounds on all my emotions, but especially sadness. Any particular calm song is bound to depress me if I'm already deeply sad.

If I'm looking to get calmed down, the soundtrack from Okami is very serene and ambient with most tracks. Some are more energetic than others, but there are over two hundred songs on that album, and plenty of them are slow and relaxing.

8. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of the Okami soundtrack, I find Cursed Shinshuu Plains very relaxing, along with Queen Himiko's Sorrow.

Personally, though, when I'm depressed, I have a special play list set aside which contains a wide assortment of songs that have a very relaxing effect on me. Generally because I have positive nostalgic associations with them. Songs which might have been playing during a special or happy moment in my life. A great deal of them from my having listened to them on the bus during my trip to France about four years ago. I'm sentimental like that.

9. musican

I like singer/songwriters like Demi Lovato, Pink, Alanis Morissette, and Kelly Clarkson because they express how they’re feeling and I can relate. I also really like Nixcole Scherzinger’s and Imogen Heap’s voices, I find them soothing.

My mom has told me that she can tell how I’m feeling by the type of music I’m listening to and how loud it is. She knows that if I’m listening to Evanescence really loud, it generally means I’m pissed off and I don’t want to talk, I just need time to be pissed off and blow off some steam.

It really depends on my mood with what music I listen to to calm down.

10. pirateninja

Music from South Park - always puts me in a good mood. :grin:

I'm sorry, but you just can't listen to "It's Easy, MmmKay" without smiling. Just try it....

[YOUTUBE]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gbMk29LVZU8[/YOUTUBE]

11. Nixon

Dylan and Waits

12. Words

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  13. Kryz

I almost never feel like... upset. Sometimes I feel frustrated or something, but never like depressed. SO I listen to music coz I wanna hear it.

14. davo-man

Songs from RENT suit any occasion :grin:...for instance, if I'm sad, I'll listen to I'll Cover You (Reprise), but if I'm happy, I'll listen to Light My Candle or La Vie Boheme...Then again, if I feel like just singing along, I'll put on the whole lot in order, or go from whatever one I feel like, like Christmas Bells (where I attempt to sing all 12 or so parts at once) or Happy New Year (which is not only the most played song on my comp, but also my ringtone :grin:...Mimi, since your ways are so seductive, persuade him not to be so counterproductive .... )

So, yeah, RENT calms me :grin:

15. Janvier

Björk, The sims 1 soundtrack, Reggae (esp Bob Marley, always cheers me up, calms me and gives hope), some Aphex Twin tracks, Mariah Carey, Ambient Electro

16. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh.. My phone has this awesome feature in the Walkman application where you can label songs for different moods and it'll adjust the visualisation in the background to change, so whenever I set a song as sad the visualisation goes slow and grey and depressing lol. And you can generate playlists depending on what mood you're in.

So whenever I'm feeling down I just grab my phone and earbuds and click the "sad" button in my playlist-generator. XD It's full of slow ballad-y sad songs.

17. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5RxI6LoyxZ0[/YOUTUBE]

This song always calms me down.

18. Kid Quasar

*Drops everything he is doing and listens to the music*

Soothing ^^

19. xequar

di.fm FTW, although I usually am on either the Trance or the Goa/Psy Trance channels here at work.

As far as what calms me... New Age-i.e. Enya, Enigma, Tangerine Dream, and a lot of the other stuff they play on Audio Visions (channel 77 on XM). Also, I find a lot of Bob Seger's stuff calming, as well.

20. Louise

Phil Collins Testify album... LOVE. IT!