1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long until you say those three little words

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainbowSocks, Jan 26, 2015.

1. RainbowSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone!

For those of you that have fallen in love with someone you were in a relationship with....

How long into the relationship before you realized it?
    How long into the relationship before you said it?
    Did you get crazy anxiety in your relationship after you realized it?
    Did you say it first or your partner?
    Did you just say it or did you plan something special?
    What made you realize that you were?
    And....if you said ILY to someone and they didnt say it back what would you do?

If you cant tell...i met someone and Im freaking out.

2. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi! It's nice you met someone :slight_smile:

I think it was 1 month into the relationship. Ever since the day we met with my boyfriend, we saw each other the following days everyday.
    He told me first. It slipped trough his mouth while we were chatting. I made him laugh really hard and he said it. At first I thought I heard wrong, because literally I felt the earth stopped moving. So. I told him what did he say, and he was a little embarrased. I told him that I loved him too.
    The truth is that i have found on him something that I thought I would never find. I feel loved, cared, fulfilled. He is the man I love and see me with in the future.

Regarding to your question if I had said to someone that I loved him and he didn't reply back, I think I would probably be sad. But then I would think that at least I tried and shared my feelings, and I wouldn't regret taking a chance of being happy. There are people who complain about things not changing for them without even trying, I know I was one of them. But when you think about how much there is to gain, the opportunity to be happy, then you will realize it's worth the risk.

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I said it way too early and my ex boyfriend freaked out

4. RainbowSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think Im the one thats freaking out :-/ because Im not sure. We've been together for two and a half months and the way she looks at me and the things she says to me I just....Im pretty sure she does. I just dont know if I do. Hell I asked her to move in with me this March and she said yes and by doing that she is changing her entire future because she had other plans to move away. I know I dont want to end our relationship and i know I still want to move in but this emotional stuff is throwing me for a loop.
    Im avoiding her physically. We still text constantly. I flinch everytime she kisses me. Im freaking out. Anyone have any advice?

5. White Knight

When I am sure about other side's feelings.

Tho my situation was different back on the day, there were guys who wanted sex and there were guys who didn't mind some guys loving them. They loved me in their own way but can't be sure if it was love or infatuation or something else. So saying those guys I love them didn't make me look like fool at least.

6. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long into the relationship before you realized it? I would say a month
    How long into the relationship before you said it? A month
    Did you get crazy anxiety in your relationship after you realized it? Yes
    Did you say it first or your partner? My gf said it first
    Did you just say it or did you plan something special? well were long distance so there's not really anything too special we could do but she did say it on our anniversary which made it even more memorable
    What made you realize that you were? Whenever we couldn't talk and I was constantly thinking about her and what she was doing and just making sure she was okay
    And....if you said ILY to someone and they didnt say it back what would you do? I'm not sure I would be upset but I would have to understand everyone had different feelings at different times and some people fall for others faster

7. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm usually either pressured into it or it kinda slips out. Like the last relationship I was in, I said something like "I'm messing with you 'cause I love you." and like I wasn't even really thinking about it and didn't notice it till my then boyfriend said "Hey, you just said you loved me."

The first relationship I was in he started saying 'I love you' really early on and I kinda felt like I had to say it.

The second relationship I was in I never got to. I almost ready to say it when we broke up.

8. MisterTinkles

Those three little words?

I don't care.

9. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ohhh... three words as in "I love you." I assumed coming into this thread it was going to be "I am gay."

10. Composerbpc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A while. That's all I know.

11. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    How long into the relationship before you realized it?
    My first relationship, I realized before we started dating, like months before. The second, maybe 2 months in.
    How long into the relationship before you said it?
    1st; we weren't in a relationship when I said it. 2nd; about 2 months.
    Did you get crazy anxiety in your relationship after you realized it?
    Nope.
    Did you say it first or your partner?
    1st; I did. 2nd; he did.
    Did you just say it or did you plan something special?
    1st; he needed to know someone gave a shit, so I said it. 2nd; we were talking on the phone, saying goodnight, and that 'space' where it would be normal to say "I love you" was a really ackward pause so we hung up. He texted me immediately after saying "Is it too early to say I love you?" And that's how that happened.
    What made you realize that you were?
    I don't know how to put those feelings into words. I just knew?
    And....if you said ILY to someone and they didnt say it back what would you do?
    The first time, he didn't say it back, because he was already in a relationship, but I knew that and didn't expect a response. If I said it to someone and was expecting a response, well the best thing to do would be to talk about it.

I think it's best to not make a big deal about it. Try not to stress out about it. :slight_smile: I'm glad you met someone, I hope it works out!