1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online LGBT Radio Stream - Anyone Interested?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by George1, Oct 31, 2008.

1. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wasn't sure whether this should be put in the Entertainment & Tech section or here.. So move if needed mods. :slight_smile:

Ok so I run this online radio station called radio24 (http://radio24.com.au), and we currently have a few channels for just music, and we used to have live shows but we didn't have enough content to get enough air time. Anyway, I'm looking into doing live streaming again, and I was thinking of setting up a new channel for LGBT folk. Instead of it being a "channel" though, I was thinking of putting it separate to the main site, on its own subdomain of the site. (so.. whatevernameischosen.radio24.com.au). It'd be linked up with the main site, but it'd operate as a separate entity.

So my question is, would anyone be interested in doing shows and stuff? It'll all be streamed online, and you can DJ from the comfort of your own PC. You just need a mic and a DSL internet connection. If you haven't got any experience, don't worry. The DJing application is pretty straightforward to learn.
    Or you could pre-record stuff and email it off to me, and I'd put it on air.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So I thought I'd ask here seeing as most of us are LGBT.

2. tashyyy

i think it'd be a reely good idea
    but i dont have a mike lmao, and would be rubbish doing a show
    but id sure listen :slight_smile:
    :thumbsup:

3. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :slight_smile: Thanks!
    I think it'd be great for us to have an outlet like this where we can feel free to express ourselves without restrictions, where we can share the music we love, be able to ramble about all the gay stuff in our lives and yeah.. lol

4. Micah

Hey George :slight_smile:

I'd highly recommend getting in touch with JOY 94.9 (www.joy.org.au)

If you haven't heard of them, they're a fully established gay radio station here in Melbourne. I have a show with them sunday afternoons...

You might be able to get permission to broadcast some of their shows. This would give you excellent filler content while you recruit your own and get on your own feet =]

5. mattypants

like a show revolving around lgbt events/news?
    sounds cool. id take a listen

6. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooh thanks for reminding me about them! [has JOY on my FM presets]
    Having filler content would help things a LOT as we try to get show hosts and ideas moving along. I shall contact them soon if I decide to go ahead with the online radio.

Not a single show, but it'd be a live online radio stream. So like your good 'ol FM and AM radio stations, but broadcast online. :grin:

7. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ..Any interest at all?