1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still hiding in the closet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by allicha, Jan 28, 2015.

1. allicha

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I lie to myself for so long. I finally came out to myself but now how do I tell my family and friends any advice

2. Yosia

Coming out to yourself is one of the biggest achievements so well done for that! ^.^

As for other people, firstly I would recommend telling the people you believe would be the most accepting. Most people find that this is their best-friends but it's different for everyone~ Once you have one or two people to support you, it is SO much easier.

There is many ways to come out to people, if you are close with someone then you could maybe make a joke out of it, or if that's not your style then simply sending a text, it doesn't even have to be related to any conversation, if you could muster up the confidence, then just send the text explaining it all. If you are a more face-to-face person, then you could mention that you have something that you would like to share, and if you feel comfortable, then I would recommend just saying it, it's not essential that you need to think of a sentence or anything, if it's easier to just say 'I'm gay' then go for it.

I know i'm not too good with advice, but I wish you the best of luck! ^.^

3. allicha

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thank you so much. I will try it all :slight_smile:

4. Yosia

No problem! Do your best! ^^

5. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have come out to a dozen people at least. It was nerve wrecking but knowing the accept me for who I am took a huge load off my shoulders. But I still hesitate to come out to my mother, too afraid of being disowned or scolded and just the negative reaction. So far, those I am closest to are supportive. But only 3 are comfortable with it. The rest I feel avoid the topic. With the current situation, I think I won't come out to my parents for a while.