1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wonder...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JT7314, Jan 28, 2015.

1. JT7314

I am starting to get frustrated with this whole legalizing homosexual marriage issue.i don't see why it's such an issue for everyone we aren't hurting anyone! LET US BE HAPPY!! I'm pretty sure that it really isn't separation or church and state...otherwise we wouldn't be in this situation. It upsets me and makes me feel like I can't freely be happy. Sometimes.....I HATE THE WORLD. I can't stop stressing about it. What do you think?
    :tears:

2. CyanChachki

Because most religious people believe that they're the creators of marriage, but they're not. Religion gets a lot of power because a good sum of our government are religious and they give their power to the smaller branches. They ban and shun marriage to LGBTQ+ people because A) they where raised to believe that being gay is wrong and B) the bible says that being gay is wrong. These people get so caught up in their way of life, that they don't realize how much harm they're doing. Now in this day and age, when we're nearing our goal, they'll do almost anything to stand their ground. Blame us, shame us, even kill us.

In the end, we all have to stay strong. We all have to stand out ground too and push through the intolerance and let them know that we're staying here for good. I'll be honest and say that we probably won't see world acceptance for the LGBTQ+ community but regardless, we should all fight for the generations that come after us.

3. Lazuri

Look back a couple of decades and think about how black people were treated. Then look back to today where we laught at, shun and pity racists. Some day people will do the same towards homophobes.

Not all religious people are blind and there's always still hope. We have gay marriage here in Sweden for example and it wasn't legalized by the government but actually carried out by the Swedish church. They had a vote about it and it passed with, I think, 8 out of 10 votes.

Doesn't hurt that the pope is one of the most, if not the, most understanding pope ever.

4. Yosia

Welcome to society, and one of the reasons I try not to associate with it. ^.^

5. JT7314

well at least the 300 that got married in the 1 day it was legal here is passed to be legal and recognized finally...man but what about the rest of us. Supposedly we are supposed to find out for michigan in april i think? Im not holding my breath, it'll proly get rescheduled for the...i think... THIRD TIME. Justy I get what you are saying for sure. I just can't help the fact that it bothers me so much haha

6. Joelouis

It's going to be legal worldwide one day so why the heck don't they just get on with it and legalise it and stop making it seem such a big ordeal.

Marriage for everyone!

7. JT7314

I agree!!!

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spreading good is fantastic, but spreading evil is infinitely easier and sometimes disguises itself as good.

As far as gay acceptance, I usually say the pace of change is slow, but lately? Things are freaking day and night in a *short* time. Homophobia might never fully die, but it will eventually be a dirty little secret locked away by those who have it, similar to racism.

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree it's silly and feels like a nonissue to me. Society operates in a weird way.

10. Tmy14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My country states that the LGBTs have no place here.
    I feel all the homophobia.
    And then there's that government conscription thing...
    I should make sure that I move from Malaysia before the age of 18.

11. JT7314

government conscription thing? what is that.....?