1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you overly dramatic?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pine, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know I am. I'm too emotional, I read too much into nothing. I'm needy and someone called me Emo the other day. I hide it good, but I'm always dying inside over something. Please tell me I'm not alone.:bang:

2. Rainbows~Exist

I wouldn't go as far as saying over-dramatic but my emotions do get the better of me sometimes. But I like that. Showing my emotion is a good thing to me, whether it be crying over a film or lashing out in anger at someone (Verbally, I don't actually attack people :lol: )... sometimes you just need to let it all out.

3. badluckfairy

I used to be when I was younger, not anymore though.

4. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dr.Rorschach: I'm glad you're good with yourself.

I was always fine, until I graduated last summer. Now I'm a mess. Some people take a gap year, I'm taking a mental breakdown year. It's the new fad.

#4 Pine, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  5. Cam7125

Out Status:
    All but family
    I wouldn't say I'm over-dramatic. I tend to over-analyze every situation. There was a quote on the internet that describes me pretty well. "I have 99 problems and 86 of them are made-up scenarios in my head."

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always here for you. <(^.^)> That's a hug from me to you.

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

No. And I dislike overly-dramatic people..

7. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wouldn't say I was like mellow dramatic . but I have been known to be a little impatient sometimes.

8. Illus1

Dude you are not alone! I am exactly the same, an expert at hiding it yet inside there is a knife piercing in me somewhere. Your username 'Pine' is the word that sums it all up for me lol I am constantly pining for God knows what. And punishing myself out of guilt, like tonight there is a party for celebrating the end of exams so my thinking is I didn't really do well at the exams so I don't deserve to go and enjoy the party ugh issues (I'm probably way more screwed up than you ...)

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ironically, I probably would be if I didn't have the kind of cloudy depression and anxiety that makes you blank in thought when things get too much, including emotions.

10. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consider myself not overly dramatic, I sure was when I was younger. I can get really theatrical sometimes.

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Normally im not but sometimes I can but I try not to be.

12. Quiet Raven

Quite the opposite actually. I rarely even show my emotions. Most people seem to think I just don't care about anything or anyone.

13. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't consider myself vulcanian nor drama queen.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Not usually, no.

I can be witty or silly, yes, but dramatic... the only time I tend to get... like that, is if... well... you start to piss me off, and even then it takes a bit. I tend to be a very quiet kind of angry, when mad. If you, somehow, are able to push beyond that, I can become somewhat, well, livid.

That's when the real fun begins -- and by 'real fun' I mean, totally not so!

15. CyanChachki

I used to be and it was really bad. I finally admitted to myself that I was overreacting to so much because I was fragile and that all I wanted to hear where positive things. I wrapped myself in this "pity party" cocoon where it would only be me and no one else. When someone gave me the truth of how I actually was, I refused to believe it. All in all, I wanted attention. My parents didn't care about me when they figured out I was suicidal, I was passed around from therapist to therapist and I honestly felt like no one wanted to deal with me. I started acting out, I grabbed people's attention any way I could and when that didn't work, I thought that I was probably better off dead and tried to do so. I kept failing at it and I soon became angry and being angry mixed with being overly dramatic was definitely not a good mix. It took me a long time to correct myself.

16. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Justy: I'm so sorry you went through that, that sounds like it was really hard. I'm glad you're better.

17. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I'm fairly reserved. Internally I have emotions like anyone else, but I don't show them 'dramatically'.

18. TheStormInside

I don't consider myself dramatic, but I definitely am the classic "mountain out of a molehill" type person. It's just that when I'm climbing that molehill I am more likely to retreat from others rather than seek attention because of it.

19. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well... I did cry my eyes out when I was binge watching Band of Brothers. I did not go to work that day because for ... reasons unknown.

Also, my secret stash of BVB, BMTH, Moby, Blue Foundation, Patrick Wolf and other equally depressing and melancholic music gives me out as someone who in general is somewhat emotional. I don't mind it though.

But sometimes. Just sometimes. I feel like in this video http://youtu.be/jcfSolu7LMs

20. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes. Although I might be a little hard on myself.

Does anybody else handle serious problems better than minor concerns? I think it's funny that I freaked out more over word waffle and lack of research in a book than when I got ran over by a horse.

I've never cried over a film. Although sometimes I feel like crying because a song is so beautiful, like this one -http://youtu.be/ytwuf9rJ4K8

If you turn into an emotional basket case, many people will abandon you because it's freaky. It's also possible to become too reliant on the sympathy of other people.

It's okay to cry, if you pick yourself up and fight again. Life's a bitch to almost everyone. I try to be understanding when I think people are being too emotional. Sometimes I wasn't exactly the easiest person to be around in my late teens. I didn't have the tools to fight my demons.