1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did McCain just say "redistributionist" again?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wander, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That would be "redistributor", Senator Government. It will never replace "nucular", but don't you think Cindy could step over and whisper in his ear or something? If Obama would only make some silly slipups like this, I would be more than happy to mock them, but...nothing yet. Just a quick thought.

2. McBenz

I'm moving to Mexico if John McCain is elected! I really hope and i'm pretty sure he won't win though :eek:

3. Adam

I hope people realize how stupid McCain/Palin is before they go vote.

4. EM68

Yes he did. McCain call Obama the Redistributionist in Chief. He is referring to the redistributing of wealth that Obama told Joe the Plumber.

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Guest

I don't mind the word. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Now the candidate who said it--that's another story altogether!

6. Kryz

I'll be waiting for yah.

Tough, I hope that doesn't happen

7. Nodnarb

Speaking of Joe the Plumber; has there ever been something so bizarre happen during a Presidential Campaign before?

Now this guy is suddenly famous and is becoming a country artist? And he might run for Congress? WTF? The guy is clearly feels like he needs to be the center of attention. The media should just stop talking about him. And I don't think it does McCain much good to keep bringing him up. Now that McCain/Palin have turned him into a celebrity, most people I know think the guy is a joke. But I guess that plays well with "Joe Six-Pack":rolleyes:

And listening to him talk, you know he would never have even considered voting for Obama anyway.

8. Jeimuzu

If McCain wins, I'm moving to Europe.

Oh, wait...

By the way, is it just me who thinks that McCain was always asking for trouble by relying on a plumber to turn up on schedule?

9. EM68

Regardless of who wins, I am staying put. I love this country too much!

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>That would be "redistributor", Senator Government. It will never replace "nucular", but don't you think Cindy could step over and whisper in his ear or something?

Why? Misspeaking that word (possibly on purpose) plays precisely to the audience he wants to reach. Were someone to announce that the correct word is "redistributor", McCain's base audience would consider that person to be an elitist member of the intelligencia (or "uppity smart folks").

Lex

11. BeautifulStranger

No way
    Anyone who can see Russia from her house isn't stupid!!

Sarcasm, so we're clear
    But let's be honest here... I've yet to hear a democrat say something incredibly stupid like that. Whereas Republicans slip up all the time.
    For instance the infamous Bush-ism: A zebra never changes its spots.

I think it has to do with a high level of blind self-esteem.
    They're so sure of themselves that they don't bother to think over what they say before they say it.

12. Derek the Wolf

Canada is nicer.
    No offense...
    W00t socialized healthcare!

13. Kryz

Hmmm healthcare is for EVERYONE here too, and it's free completly (Well it comes out of your taxes). Canada is nicer I agree, but for other things

14. Nitro

Seems a lot of posters here haven't done much public speaking*. Mispronunciations, omissions in logical steps towards conclusions, and non sequiturs can humble even the most polished of speakers. Senator McCain invents a new word while Obama slips and suggest he is of muslim faith on ABC. The world still goes around, and the event, in isolation, should not be taken too seriously.

Senator Government was actual a slip by McCain while referring to Obama. It does tickle the funny bone though.

*(for those interested, my first public gaffe was suggesting that the Canadian dollar was almost par with the Canadian dollar)

15. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Communist! Liberal homo!