1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous for a date tonight.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cam7125, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Cam7125

Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been crushing pretty hard in this person for a while now, and we recently started talking and becoming good friends. Yesterday, they asked me to go dancing with them tonight, and I said yes! My good friend taught me to ballroom dance to a box waltz, and I'm going out shopping for dress clothes soon, but I'm super nervous! I don't want to screw anything up between them and myself. Did I mention they're super cute and funny and kind and just an all-around amazing person? I could use a bit of encouragement for tonight. Thank you for listening.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey ChemisTryHard (lol),

Relax and keep being amazing! You will be alright :slight_smile:

3. Cam7125

Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks Chiroptera! I appreciate it!

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I think those tell you everything you need to know.

Most people are nervous when it comes to dating, even if they've been around the person before, because there is this label hovering above the two of them. There's this almost-expected result of romantic majesty and what not, but really, it's just going out with the intention of strengthening the bond. I'm sure your date knows this, and will even understand it.

Besides, you have the advantage here -- they asked you. You have a little pressure on you, but they're holding the ball so to speak, because they provided the offer. It's up to them, as customs dictate, to deliver. But you seem to be understanding about the dynamics, so, I doubt they have anything to worry about...

... well, unless you're some kind of alien, intent on sucking their brain out of their nostrils. LOL.

If you're nervous, so be it. Just try to enjoy the moment, and make sure to thank your date, because many times, folks overlook the strength and courage it takes, risking rejection, to ask somebody out -- especially in a potentially intimate context. A simple thank you, a good hug, and a smile, should more than pay for this heroic deed of theirs. But, you know, if you feel a kiss is in order, by all means.

Just remember, you may be nervous, but that isn't all you have to be -- you can still have a good time, so have one!

5. Cam7125

Out Status:
    All but family
    Shhhhh! Don't tell the others about me being an alien! I mean, what? who?

Thank you for your insight. The date went really well and we may be having another one soon. :slight_smile:

6. CyanChachki

If you've practiced before, you probably won't mess up. Don't sweat it! I'm sure they're a bit nervous too. Just let the river flow :slight_smile: