1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone on here ever stood up to a stranger in public for LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psaurus918, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Psaurus918

I was at lunch the other day with my mom (she doesn't know I'm gay) and the guy sitting across from us was talking really loud and was talking about Days of ours Lives and said "I hate that my wife watches it now that they have 2 fag boys on it" and the other guy said "Are you serious how can they get away with that? Thanks to that N-word in the office these gays are taking over if my son was gay I would beat his ass until he was straight"

I was shaking with anger. This is the first time I've ever wanted to speak up for myself and say something to a complete stranger. I HATE racists and homophobes. If someone is either they should just stay home or keep their mouths shut in public.

Anyone on here ever experience something similar and actually said something? Or maybe I'm in the wrong for "eavesdropping" but they were talking so damn loud.

2. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Yes! I almost got my ass kicked because, honestly I can't fight! :lol: but thank god for the nice people(strangers) who agreed with me after I finally said something! So on Thursday I got on the bus and I headed towards an empty seat in the back, well there were some abnoxious people because they were yelling and clearly freshmen, it was confirmed after looking at their lanyards but they were arguing and I didn't get about what and ignored it because I had no idea what they were talking about. But then one of the girls said "look but that's the thing, I know if I were a guy I wouldn't hit a gay guy because the way I see it it's like hitting a female." At that point a few people turned to face them myself included and I said "would you mind keeping your mouth shut? All of you…you sound ridiculous" I almost forgot she was a "female"…then one of the guys gets up and says "mind your own business" at which point I said "when you are yelling out loud for everyone to hear, despite the fact that I have my earbuds in, and am not supposed to hear you, it becomes an open conversation." So he looked like he was gonna hit me and I got ready to lose my first fight but I was determined to stand my ground but the girl sitting in front of me turned around and said something along the lines of "hey! Shut up and just get off the bus you're not only bothering him!*points at me* you're bothering us all!" So the bus driver stopped and I said "WE think it's best if you arrogant children get off the bus" at which point they made it clear I was probably one year older than them, but I pointed out that I wasn't the one yelling in a public place my problem with straight people then I added I was gay of course…bus driver made them get off and two people on the bus thanked me, but wow I told my mom and we couldn't help but laugh because, had it not been for the people on the bus I might've died!!! :lol:

3. Tmy14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow.
    I'm genuinely angered just by looking at text.

Well, in this small town that I live in,
    that is uncommon, but definitely exist.
    I don't know if other gays here exist, maybe they're all as closeted as me,
    because homophobia here is to the extreme.

I've literally heard it all almost every day.
    From schools and tuitions, to restaurants and the park.
    Hurts me every single time whenever my classmates put up homophobic insults.

I never stepped up and talk to them about it. My SAD restrains me,
    and I'd get seriously hurt if I ever tried to, physically.

Yep..
    Never stood up for a stranger for that kind of reason; can't even help myself..
    Sorries ;(

#3 Tmy14, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never stood up to a stranger, but I stood up to some people in my men's group about trans' rights and misgendering. Does that count?

5. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My (male)co-workers keep making homophobic comments...Of course they don't know I'm Gay...Sometimes, I want to stand up for us(Gay men), but I'll most likely become a target...:bang:

6. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I haven't had the pleasure yet, no. The most I've ever done was smacking around some friends for using the word "faggot" but that's it. Haven't witnessed many (if any) situations that merited an intervention.

7. antibinary

Never had the chance. But if I heard...

8. Siarad

In Sixth Form I used to get in trouble with my friend when I would challenge our taxi driver for homophobic comments.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

To copy & paste:

At the time, I felt good then. But looking back, I'm damn proud now!

10. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woman had a problem with me and my boyfriend being affectionate to eachother ("Do you have to do that here?") so I told her to get fucked, she stormed off shouting obscenities, I replied back with even more obscenities, then her husband stormed past us and said "speak to my wife like that again and you'll get a fist in your face", I laughed and told him to get a fucking life. I had to physically hold my boyfriend back from beating up that loser.

They weren't worth it. Just a couple of stupid cowards who ran away as soon as they realised they couldn't stop me from hugging my boyfriend in public.

#10 Robert, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had to at work a few times when I was not passing. I was going by Brad at this point and on T, but I just did not pass. Some customers would call me all sorts of names, and I looked a a few of them and asked them if they would like it if I called them names based on their looks. They shut up. I also told them not to judge what they do not know.

It I was not on the clock, I would probably dig into them more, but I don't want to lose my job...