1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short Story publishing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tardis221B, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Tardis221B

Hey everyone, so I was wondering how one might go about publishing a short story about a LGBT+ topic?

I wrote a story in my creative writing class called "The Cupboard". I think it turned out pretty well, I mean I really like it, (I don't know what other's think of it.) But its about 4 double spaced pages in word, and it touches on the emotions, specifically fear, that people experience in the closet and when they try to come out. Its specifically focuses on a young lesbian in the bible belt, but it can easily be translated into another perspective, and of course the emotions are universal.

I'd love to share it with others, and impact others with the story, but I just don't know where I'd do that... I could post in my blog on here, but I don't want it to get copied/loose anonymity if its ever published.

Any ideas? I could do tumblr, but I wouldn't want someone else to take credit for it...

2. Tmy14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Try posting on Wattpad.

3. Tardis221B