1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age Difference, Pedophilia or Not?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JakeRiddles, Feb 1, 2015.

1. JakeRiddles

I myself find interest in older people, espicially male, but what I think is wrong is how a lot of people consider it Pedophilia, even when: 1) It's not sexual 2)It is consensual 3)None of their damn business... And So I'd Like Some Other Opinions On the Matter?

2. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a real thing for older women. But I was 30 when I first dated someone much older. It's different if you are say 15.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Pedophilia is attraction to children that have not entered puberty, so technically no. Whether it is a healthy relationship or not is a different issue.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I also tend to be attracted to older people (30s-40s) and I'm a teenager

I see nothing wrong with it. Society and it's rules are fucking stupid.

5. MisterTinkles

I can remember, ever since I was 3 years old, I have been attracted to older men....especially with mustaches and/or beards.

Now that **I** am the older guy, I am still attracted to hairy men, but now the ages differ. I've gotten to the point now that hairy or not, if you've got some sexy brains....you could be 22.

As long as you are both "of age" and completely consenting, and no harm is planned, then I see nothing wrong with it.

I've seen too many couples in my life with HUGE age differences that loved each other very much. So, age isn't a really big issue with me.

Amusing story though.........

My last roommate was 19 years old (platonic roommate). We went and did stuff and run around town and had fun on the weekends and stuff.......but everywhere we went people referred to my roommate as my "son".

That REALLY pissed me off, but it always made him laugh.

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

My boyfriend and I are about 13 years apart. And yes, people have mistaken me for his son. But I prefer older guys, not old enough to cash SSI though or actually be my father's age, as opposed to younger ones for the most part and always have.

You just have to make sure you're both on the same page and there's no power imbalance. Don't get with someone who will treat you like a child or won't let you be independent. You're not your partner's kid (and if so, hi Norman Bates) and age should just be a number.

Oh and most importantly, both partners should be legal, fully consenting adults.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that sexual attraction to those who are not sexually mature themselves (remember this does include teens, but they are not fully mature mentally) is unusual and probably not an orientation. Sure, humans gravitate toward youth, but the sexual cues are usually toward men and women who seem sexually mature (i.e. having muscles for men and larger breasts for women).

8. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Only been with older men(25-50). I started puberty so early that at 14 I looked 18. Younger people intimidated me for some reason..The possible rejection, the awkward experimentation all did it for me. These older people knew what they wanted; I played along with their fantasies and my own. Yes I am bad and promiscuous. No one judged me so...

9. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There is actually a rule for this. (It only works when both people are over 13)

1) Take the oldest person's age
    2) Half it
    3) Add seven years
    And that's the youngest person they can date without it being 'weird'. (The gap increases as age increases)

So, you have a 34 year old, for example.
    Half their age = 17
    Add seven years = 24

But as long as both people are of legal age and it's consensual, it's not legally classed as Paedophilia.