1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Absolutely Hated Something About Yourself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I hate my voice so much, when I listen to it on phones and camera's I have the worst voice of all, I sound like a monotone emotionless and boring and disabled person. I am disabled, but I want to change my voice and I actually want it to be more high pitched and even just more able to have people sense emotion through my voice. anything is better than my current voice(I mean anything). I hate my voice so much. I hate listening to it, I always imagine my voice is really out there and dramatic. But when I listen to it, it's just boring. I personally think having a higher pitched voice is more befitting of my personality.

Does anyone have anything that they hate about themselves and want to change completely.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My feet. It sounds stupid but I have an overwhelming admiration for slim, attractive feet, and from a young age mine have been described as "Fred Flintstone-esque." I could hardly summon the confidence to wear anything less than socks and sneakers everywhere until recently, and even now it sort of bothers me knowing I probably won't have the same effect on others as they do on me. *sigh*

3. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, remember that it sounds wierd on a crappy microphone ie a smarphone mic. :slight_smile:
    Even so, other people don't care that mutch, we don't choose friends based on our voices x3

4. Justinian20

Honestly I just want a voice that can show emotion, my current voice is so monotone that it just doesn't do justice to my personality.

5. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wiston Churchill had a really monotone and harsh voice, yet he is one of the best public speakers ever, you could feel emotion in it none the less

6. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nothing...A lot of people assume that overweight people have low self esteem, but not me...

7. Justinian20

Zam, I have a personality that is not like that at all, I just want my voice to fit my personality, I hate it because it just makes me sound like a boring guy, I want my voice to be able to sound epic, sound happy, sad, angry, when I'm feeling particularly feminine, I want my voice to be able to display that kind of stuff, cause my personality is of a guy who likes to socialize and be around people, I don't smile a lot and say if my voice was perhaps more welcoming and happier, I would draw people to talk to me. I would also feel more content and able to show to my mother that I'm happy sometimes lying on the bed and just lying there without being tired or bored as she seems to think and I bet the reason for that is my voice.

8. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a whiny high pitch voice and the Australian accent does nothing to help that at all!

9. KayJay

There are probably more things I hate about myself than things I like.

10. White Knight

Some choices I made in the past... I wish I could have more control over my urges or behavior back then.

11. AlamoCity

I really dislike my accent/manner of speaking. Within a single conversation my accent can change and so can the enunciation of words and deepness of the voice. It constantly makes me self-conscious.

12. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course. I work on what I can.

Have you tried impersonating a person/character with a cool voice, just to get a feel for talking that way?

If I need to sound angry for some inexplicable reason, I just recite CFW Judge's lines. Works every time.

13. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I worry too much.

I honestly hate it so much but I can't help but worry over something. I've gotten both bad and good at handling my worrying but most often than not, I usually worry myself into a panic attack. Or just end up thinking the worst scenarios and that leads me to not sleeping/eventually getting sick.

:frowning2:

14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

15. JT7314

My self confidence

16. C P

C P

How I can't ever seem to take a (somewhat) decent picture to save my life...to the point where I feel I am just not photogenic. It seems like a world of difference between looking at myself in a mirror(which I tend to like) and looking at myself in a pic(which I despise with a passion).

I can feel you there somewhat, as I tend to worry/over think often enough. Luckily anxiety has gotten a little better over the years. :-l

#16 C P, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  17. Lazuri

I also hate my voice. It's pretty good from a male perspective, but that doesn't help when you're trans.

I also hate my nose. It's the most masculine thing on my face and all my other facial traits are fairly feminine, so it sticks out like crazy.

I also hate how grumpy and abrasive I can be.

18. JC67

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to hate the fact that I was bi and my past relationships with guys. As I aged I learned to embrace it and even love it. Must love oneself before others can love you.

19. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My insecurities. Hate them :/

20. black-cat

At one time or another I have hated almost every single thing about my personality or my looks, but I despise my height and body shape. Despise it. I can now look in a mirror without wanting to cry or cover up a mirror- which I guess is an improvement though.

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2015 at 01:17 PM ----------

**hugs**

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2015 at 01:18 PM ----------

*hugs**