1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate Daylight Savings Time ._.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tim, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Forgot to set my clock back, so now I have another hour extra to blow >_<

Dangit.

Anyone else (who switched yesterday I mean) forget?

2. EM68

I did not mind the change. I got up and it was 7:30 and went to the gym. Just think we have a longer weekend. :slight_smile:. On the flip side it gets dark earlier. Damn :frowning2:.

3. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I miss the days when I lived in Indiana at the time when most of the state didn't participate in it.

4. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fortunately, I use my cell phone as my alarm, and it changes automatically. It was actually a very nice surprise. Don't you just love technology?

5. Amy

Amy

i always wake up from 6:00-6:30 so i woke up at 5:15(-ish).

its been 2 hours and ive hardly ever moved.

i have nearly 3 hours until i have to leave for church.

i guess now i have more time to clean and do homework so that i can maybe go to no on 8 rally in tracy. *crosses fingers*

i miss the days when i went to cedar grove. they called the night before so you wouldnt be an hour early/late for service.

6. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've found my cellphone doesn't always reliably change (if there isn't any cellphone->tower communications) so I set the alarm time ahead an hour, then turned the phone off.

7. Jeimuzu

I can't say I really care about it. So many bigger annoyances than that at the moment, really.

8. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the fall it's fine, I get to bike to school when it's light out now (I have to be there at 7 15 for band everyday except friday) which is good, it's also slightly warmer by then. In the spring I don't like it but in fall it's ok.

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The part I hate the most is that it gets dark so early now! :frowning2: Lol

10. Kryz

'T'was a week ago here

I hate the daylight saving time, The regular time I LOVE IT, I love how it get's dark sooner & stuff. Hate the summer time

11. Markio

I like setting the clock back because you get to wake up later. Less stressful. I don't like how the sun sets at like 3PM, though...

This morning I felt like going to Church, because I was brought up Catholic and am naturally guilty. I saw that the only service at the church near my college is only at 10AM, and it was 10 at the moment. But then I remembered daylight savings time and got to go after all! It's like God gave me a second chance...

12. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I just get all messed up because I live in one of the few places that doesn't change times. But, all my shows (that are on cable) come on an hour later. It's really inconvenient because The Daily Show and The Colbert Report will come on at midnight instead of eleven, and I need to go to sleep at midnight. And, it screws me up for the entire year, I don't know if my friends in other states are 2 or 3 hours ahead of me. It's just a pain.

13. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

AAAANd, I never know when it's daylight savings time and when it's not.

14. epiphanies

i like it. i like it being bright outside later in the summer, and i like switching back, because it gives me more time! (i'm supposed to be working on a paper at the moment... got an extra hour this weekend!)

15. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love it - it's part of why Fall is my favorite season.

I still don't have a car, so I stand outside waiting for the bus every morning. It's getting cold even in Alabama, and although it still reads 7:00 by my clock, it would be 8:00 by the old clock. Warmer weather to stand around in.

This morning, where I woke up around 9:00. I worked on cleaning up the couch I sleep on, got some games and DVDs sorted out, ate a little bit until 10:00, then remembered to set my clock back an hour. Everything I did that last hour was still done, and I got my hour back.

16. Nodnarb

Earlier today, I was about to take a shower and I looked at the clock in my room and it said 12:15. I went downstairs, and after I got out of the shower, I happend to glance at the clock on the DVD player. And it said 1:30.

I was very confused. I couldn't imagine that I'd been in the shower for over an hour. So I walked back upstairs and looked at the clock....and it said 12:30. After a bit of thinking, I realized what day it was and had to ask my parents what time it actually was. I guess it's nice my clock resets on its own, but it confuses the hell out of me...

But I hate that it's dark out. At 5:30, its already dark. And I was driving home around 6 and I felt like it was midnight. And I don't like being downtown during the fall when it's dark. It creeps me out for some reason....

17. I love it. One extra hour of sleep. :lol:

18. george678

I dont mind it and our went back last week.
    I hate timezones.

19. MOS KONIG

MOS KONIG Guest

God, it's awful. Now that the night comes early I can't go out for too much.

20. jbb1236

I didn't forget but one of my friends was working the night shift at a 24 hour restaurant and he was pissed when he finally realized that he had to work an extra hour.