1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much GUILT do/have you feel over your LGBT issues?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Feb 2, 2015.

?

How much GUILT do/have you feel over your LGBT issues?

1. A LOT

24.4%
  2. A FAIR amount.

15.6%
  3. A LITTTLE

20.0%
  4. None at all.

40.0%
  1. SonicBoom

You will never truly know until you finally ask.

So, I'm asking so we can ALL finally know.

What kind of guilt arise because you are LGBT?

How much guilt do you have ?

How does the guilt affect you?

For me personally, I don't currently and NEVER suffered guilt issues because I'm gay.

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Guilt? None. I am who I am, and if others don't like it, it's their problem.

I like myself, this character I am. I like myself so much, I often make fun about myself and have a laugh.

3. AKTodd

Nope. Never felt guilt about, never going to.

Todd

4. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't feel any guilt for being Gay...

5. black-cat

I actually feel a lot. I have bouts where I have less, but all in all, I feel very guilty about my sexuality.

6. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel some about it. Mainly because I'm religious. No one at my church has told me that it's evil to be LGBT or anything, but I just feel like I won't be truly accepted and that it's not something I'm "supposed" to be. :frowning2:

7. Lyana

I don't feel guilty at all, which I'm grateful for. I guess the only thing that makes me uncomfortable is my parents not knowing yet. That's more guilt because I haven't told them, not guilt because I'm not straight.
    I'm glad to see a lot of the answers here are "none at all." That's for the best.

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my mind very guilty because I could be a disappointment my friends at church.

9. timo

Nö. I don't see why I should feel guilty about it.

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am who I am if people don't like that then fuck um.

11. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Fuck no. I am proud of my sexuality, and it's not my fault I was born transsexual.

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2015 at 06:54 AM ----------

This

12. SonicBoom

Thank you everyone for your replies and votes.

(&&&)

13. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A little, because I know I've disappointed my mom. >< I really felt that guilt when I was debating over when to tell her. I knew she'd be let down. She seems to be slowly accepting it though, so I feel less guilty than I used to. ^^

14. ANewDawn

I'm happy to see that so far "a lot" has the least amount of votes. Thankfully I haven't really felt guilty at all since realizing my sexuality. I think it's because I spent a few months learning about and supporting gays before acknowledging that I was talking about myself too.

15. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot. My parents have still not fully understood what it is like to be attracted to the same sex. They always told me that gay people were sinful and hated God(and to be fair many of them do hate God). I was familiar with all of the clobber passages in Scripture. I have had people unfriend me from my old church. I feel guilty for leaving a church I was very much involved in for 13 years.

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hear what you're describing. I did not get this kind of commentary from my parents. They didn't care about this issue, either because they didn't want to deal with it, it might have reflected on other never-marrieds in the extended family, and/or they had bigger things to worry about ... and they did.

I could definitely imagine this happening with some of my friends. I had a friend in college who got married right after college to his high school sweetheart. They are still married. They are a matched set and really narrow minded for coming from a big city. One night, I was at their house having dinner and his wife said something like, 'Fags are lazy.' I forgot how that even came up. I ignored it but thought it was idiotic. Many gays and lesbians are actually more accomplished and less lazy because they can focus on a career or other interests and because they don't have to apportion that time to their kids. Maybe she meant lazy to imply they didn't want to support a wife and kids, which is what she was all about. I fell out of touch with them. When he resurfaced on FB like we were old buddies, I shined him on. I can't be bothered with some people from my past.

But if you come from a conservative segment of Christianity, I can definitely see this as being a thorn in your side, right down to knowing all the "hot buttons" from Scripture. They sure like to wield those to control and foster guilt. I hope you get past that aspect of it.

17. hiddenxrainbows

I feel a decent bit of guilt as well. Partly because of the reason biguy8 said, and other reasons as well.
    My dad is extremely religious and he enjoys talking crap on gay people. He says horrible things about us. And I haven't come out to him yet because of this. But knowing how much he despises gay people makes me feel guilty. I don't believe in God, and I believe that even if he is real, that he doesn't hate gays like everyone says he does. But knkwing that my dad might hate me makes me feel guilty. Especially since I have a little sister who's still in high school. If my family found out I was bi, they'd probably refuse to let me see my sister, and that would kill me because I love her more than anything.

Also, I have a boyfriend. We've been together for almost three years now. But I can't stop thinking about other girls. I feel guilty because I feel like I'm supposed to be satisfied with my boyfriend and not think about anyone, guys or girls. But I can't stop thinking about girls anyway. So there's a lot of guilt over that, even though my boyfriend doesn't give me any crap for it.

18. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

19. SonicBoom

Bigguy8, Tightrope, hiddenxrainbow and phatbeat my heart goes to folks for having so much guilt caused by your religion. (*hug*) (&&&)

I'm not trying to take away anything from your the pain that the guilt brought you folks, I'm just saying my experience was very different.

It is well known we all process and heal from the death of a loved one DIFFERENTLY.

I grew up in a very religious Catholic family also. My mother is the type of person that goes to church EVERYDAY. I was taught all my life that homosexuality was wrong and a sin.

I'm effeminate acting and I grew up with a fair amount of teasing and sometimes bullying.

MIRACULOUSLY (pun intended) I grew up with no internalized homophobia and no guilt .

#19 SonicBoom, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  20. MisterTinkles

I feel the same way!

WHY would I ever feel any guilt over me?
    It's MY life, not anyone else's. WHO I want to kiss and date is NOBODY's concern but mine and the person I am involved with!

If anybody else think's MY personal life is any of their business, then I will surely be digging into THEIR personal life to see how THEY like it!!!!

Tit for tat, an eye for an eye.

Keep your nose out of my personal business (unless I have invited you) and I keep my nose out of yours.

If they don't like it, I can shove them back into the hole they crawled out of.