1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share your triumphs // What is going well for you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sek, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Sek

Sek

During times of stress, depression, and busyness it can be hard to focus on victories, let alone celebrate them. No matter how small, it is important to acknowledge each victory, especially during challenging times.

So, I challenge you to use this thread to share your [recent] personal triumph(s)! What is going well for you lately? :slight_smile:

Feel free to share anything (following forum rules of course) and as often as you like. The more frequent, the better!

2. SkyDiver

Well, literally the only thing keeping me going during this shit show of a winter is the fact that I'm travelling the world this year. Mexico in April, Haiti in May, and Australia/Singapore/Indonesia/Malaysia in August.

Also I found out today that I have been accepted to go to university in South Korea with an exchange program!!!

I'm already dreading coming back though. :lol: I don't belong here.

3. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I went to a club meeting at my college tonight. It was a little awkward for me as a questioning person to be at a Pride club meeting, but it was fun and a very big deal for me that I went. I have wicked social anxiety, and I almost didn't go.

4. Jolly Roger

I took the Physics pre-test at my school and got a 95% on it, so my teacher gave me the option to take the exam and if I get an 80% or higher I can test out of the class.

5. NewKid87

I like this! Awesome idea for a thread! :icon_bigg

Two accomplishments last week:

1. I came out to my (now-ex) girlfriend whom I'd been dating long-distance for five years (but who I haven't seen for 2). That was probably the hardest thing I've ever done, but it went well, it was for our mutual benefit, and we're still friends. It feels good to do the right thing.

2. Not nearly as momentous as #1, but last Friday one of my colleagues brought her 4-month-old daughter to the office. Super cute. I got to hold her when she was screaming louder than what I thought was humanly possible, and she fell asleep in my arms! I got an infant to stop crying! I felt like the baby-whisperer :slight_smile:

6. ANewDawn

Finally submitted a few college applications! Also just got approved by insurance for a treatment program that I've been waiting a year to get into, so really happy about that :slight_smile:

7. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yesterday it was my boyfriend and I's 8th month anniversary and we went out for a really nice dinner :icon_bigg. Never been this happy in my life :kiss:
    Also, I'm doing really good at work, and that helped me to lose the stress I've been carrying this past month :eusa_danc

8. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last week, we went to Palawan's Underground River and its my one of my happiest moments in life

9. banana1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I got a job which I really enjoy :wink:

10. TheStormInside

I'm having an art show! The opening is next week. I've been busy prepping this month, I'm excited but also really nervous.