1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

love vs. admiration

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jaymmm, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If u should define the difference between love and only admiration how it would be?

(i dont have a practical clue)

2. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Love is pretty much just mutual admiration, a 2-way street where give and recieve are equal.

Admiration is pretty much a crush, unless it's professional.

3. tulman

Not necessarily. What about unrequited love? That's not mutual and can be painful. I admire many people for a variety of reasons but I'm not attracted to them. About 20 yrs. ago I had a relationship with a guy for about a year (maybe less). I couldn't get enough of him. I had it so bad I scared him off. We're still friends and the old feelings surface every time I see him. That may be more of an example of love vs. attraction rather than love vs. admiration.

4. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last spring, there was this woman whom I thought I admired. She was a teacher at my school, but not my teacher. I got to know her as a person, rather than a teacher. She was so nice to me, and cared for me, during an awful 10 days' long school trip. We spent a lot of time together during those days.

Looking back now though, I realize that my feelings were more than that. As I saw her walking away with her husband (when the trip was over), my whole body ached. It wasn't feelings as strong as love that I felt, but it surely wasn't just an admiration. If it was nothing more than an admiration, I doubt seeing her with her husband would have hurt as much as it did.

Worth noting is that there were no feelings on her part in this. I didn't even know there were any on mine, at that time.

5. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i was jealous because people i admired have life partners... maybe just jealousy of wanting to spend more time with them and be their friends

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Admiration:
    "Wow, they're so ___! I want to be around them!"

Love:
    "Wow, they're so ___! I want to be with them!"

Of course, it's a little more complex than this, but that should give you a good foundation, to compare and contrast. Sometimes, admiration can overlap into love, but usually, while some sentiments are the same, the desired result can differ.