1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homecoming

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MLCarr, Nov 2, 2008.

1. MLCarr

So Baylor had their homecoming yesterday, and Friday night was the pep rally and bonfire.

Did you know that Baylor was the first school to ever have homecoming? No, seriously, go look it up.

But anyways, since Baylor is a Baptist school we had a prayer before the football game. I normally listen, but after all I'm not extremely religious. But this prayer just pissed me off. Basically the guy who said the prayer was praying for the health of the payers, the love of the game...but then went into politics. BAD IDEA in the first place. He ended up talking about the rights for gays to get married. Against it, obviously.

Now, I'm in the band, and we were on the field, at rest, like we usually do for pregame. We are required to bow our heads, but nothing more. It's a respect thing. But when he said that I, out of shock I guess, looked up to the press box and aparently 'brought attention to myself'.

Nothing happened, but after pregame my band director asked to talk to me and said he noticed that I moved during the prayer and he was disappointed and told me to keep better poised at attention from now on or there will be disipline.

I'm just frusterated. Nothing happened, and chances are he didn't even connect the two, people here are so blind when they want to be. But :tantrum: I just wanted to slap him and be like "seriously, did you not just hear what he said!?" Yeah...just had to get that out. Yay for going to a Christian university. :eusa_doh:

2. kh23172

that must be so frustrating.. im sorry. but honestly, it should be expected.. after all, a christian univeristy, and in the united states around election time.. not good. but i believe things will get better. I have to.

3. Amy

Amy

thats horrible! yes, it baylor but come on. i bet some other people where pretty pissed.

not all christian schools and christians are like that. it really pisses my off. they just give us terrible reputations.

4. kh23172

most are, and it pisses me off too.. its very frustrating.

5. The question is... how did anyone know you moved, and not someone in your general direction? (Assuming they heard you) And if they saw you, they weren't paying attention either!

It makes me so angry when closeminded Christians go and do stuff like this. I'm a Christian, but I don't feel the need to push my views on other people. I also think anybody who is genuinely in love should be able to get married.

6. kh23172

I agree. Next thing you know they'll ban marriages between Christians and Catholics because they "believe" differently. What kind of :***: is that?