1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentine's Day for Gay Couples?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, Feb 3, 2015.

1. confuseduser99

Hey everyone!

This will be my first Valentine's Day EVER in a relationship (I'm SUPER excited and SUPER nervous at the same time)! I was wondering, what are some good gifts and activities to give/do with my boyfriend? I know most things are quite similar between straight and gay relationships regarding Valentine's Day, but I feel like there are just some things that are different/a "no-go".

Please help me out! Let me know what are some things that I shouldn't get/do with my boyfriend, and some things that would absolutely ROCK!

Thanks!

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ... Karaoke?

3. CyanChachki

Think about the things that he likes. If you can't figure it out, then maybe get him a gift card to his favorite store. You two could go to the movies, go to dinner, go dancing, go bowling or maybe you can just have a quiet night at home.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I mean, it just depends on what your guy likes, honestly. The great thing about a gay relationship is that you're not necessarily expected to be traditional, you know?

If you want to go out to a movie, all the power to you. If you want to exchange Kay jewelry, it's your choice. Hell, if you want to just lounge around and watch Netflix, that's cool too.

5. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do not go out to a restaurant and eat. And that applies to straight couples too. It's super crowded, it will take forever to get your food, and it's not very romantic sitting there with lots of other couples and listening to so much talking.

6. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I stole this from a gay YouTuber couple, but buy a deck of cards and write 52 things you love about him.

7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would just get him something he likes and you can never go wrong with chocolate.

I got my girlfriend a teddy bear and I plan to take a really cute picture of myself to put in the frame that the teddy will hold then I got her a card. Since we are long distance we can't really go on a date.

As for a date for you guys maybe make reservations for a nice dinner possibly get a hotel for the night afterwards or even just rent movies.