1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Funny Are You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Simple question.

So, how funny do you consider yourself? Are you the more comical of your friends/family/loved ones?

Is your humor based on sarcasm, wit, or is it more situational? Does it depend on who you are around?

2. Quiet Raven

I don't consider myself very funny. I might have a good joke here or there, and I have enough of a sence of humor to laugh with others a lot, but that's about it.

3. kem

kem

I think I'm witty. At least I spend a lot of time thinking about humour, and I tend to get others laughing. Though, they say people laugh more easily at jokes if the teller of the joke is attractive.
    Since one can't be both I guess I'd rather people find me attractive.

4. Nikky DoUrden

I make MYSELF laugh, does that count ? >.>'

5. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like I'm a dreadfully boring person. If I am funny, it's probably something unintentional, like being clueless in class. So, I guess that would be considered situational?

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm mildly funny, although generally speaking, my humor is based on sarcasm and mockery.

So that's not always nice...

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't think I'm funny. But apperantly I am. Maybe it's my dryness/sarcasm.

#7 NingyoBroken, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  8. CyanChachki

I try to be and I have gotten a few laughs but I don't think that I'm that funny.. more like dumb funny I guess.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

I don't think I exceptionally funny or anything, but I make people laugh a lot. I'm not very serious and I like clowning around and entertaining people.

10. robclem21

I probably laugh more at myself than anyone else I know. I think I'm funny but who knows.

11. CrazyAwkward

I can be funny. Or so I've been told. When I'm around people I know well and feel comfortable with, anyway. I'm mostly funny in a sarcastic way so I try to keep that in check around people who don't know me to avoid offending anyone who might not get it. And then there's the weird bizarro type of funny that would make people who don't know me think I should be locked away somewhere. But I love making the people I care about laugh, especially if it helps cheer them up after a rough day.

12. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    You damn straight.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

<3

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am probably considered more funny than not. I still have a very serious side.

It is often sarcastic and it is also about commenting on someone or something I've seen (situational, I guess) that I think warrants commenting on. I tend to look for the ridiculous side of people and things.

As for my family, my dad was funny and my mom was not. That doesn't mean all of the people on my dad's side were funny because they weren't. As for the kids, I guess being the last born makes me the one elected to be the funnier one.

Humor can sometimes be used to cover pain. Look at how many comedians this has been true of. It's sad that, in some cases, they are/were absolutely brilliant yet felt so much pain.

15. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm funny in a different way than most people. And I don't laugh at my own jokes, which I find very annoying from other people.

16. TurnerDogg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll kick your fucking ass.

That's how funny I am.

Lol.

Loser.

Fuck it's hard to be serious in text.

--

Do you get it?

17. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    *Slips over on banana skin and hurtles head first into the underwear section of a clothes shop, comes out wearing ladies padded bra on my head looking like an old airforce pilot, walks straight into a door frame and lands on floor, makes sarcastic comment about a serial killer who walked into a bar with an armed panda that eats shoots and leaves, blames this on the economy and any politician that makes a good target for satire. Then passes out.*

As you know, I prefer to be deadly serious at all times. None of this 'humour' malarkey for me! Now lets all watch the news like grown ups.

18. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so funny, only I get my jokes sometimes. I actually will start laughing as I tell it (generally can't tell any joke without laughing). Sometimes I can be sarcastic, which can be mean, which I feel bad about afterward (unless I'm talking to someone I don't like). But, my best comedy is just pointing out something in a new light, which gives some insight based on a connection I've made with some memory.

I am also pretty good at manipulating others' feelings. If they feel sad, I will say something to cheer them up. If they are angry, I'll try the lighten the mood. Basically trying to maintain emotional harmony (I hate grumpy people or those who are narrowminded/shortsighted).

I guess this was really a coping method for having a Jekyll and Hyde of parents (and being the only child). My mom and I would laugh at crazy things (often insane things she just says - like she never knew chocolate was toxic to dogs until she came to America because no Indian would give a dog chocolate! :lol:slight_smile:. My dad is a grumpy man with a permanent frown on his face. He just looks upset and worried all the time, so his jokes are often crude and not really funny. I developed a lot of hypocrisy jokes from arguing with him.

19. MisterTinkles

My "comedy" is entirely based on life facts and sarcasm!

My whole personality is pretty much nothing but sarcasm.

I don't think Im FUNNY, but I think I'm slightly amusing.

Other people either hate me or love me, as far as my wit and comedy are concerned.
    So far, there have been no "inbetweens" that I know of.

20. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Some times I'm funny... I think. My humor is definitely sarcastic and dry. Most people don't know when I'm joking or being serious, so I do have to be careful who I joke around.