1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you LGBT or straight quizzes.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MelG, Feb 4, 2015.

1. MelG

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hay guys
    Ok so I know when I was seriously questioning my sexuality and wanted immediate answers and before I found EC, I would do those online quizzes where they ask you questions about who you're attracted to etc. and then tell you whether you are straight or not or whatever.

I'm curious to know whether any of you did the same thing and whether it made any contribution or had any effect on the orientation you decided on. Or maybe if one of those quizzes were the cause of you questioning your sexuality.

Just thought this was maybe an interesting/fun topic.

2. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, you can try and do some Kinsey Scale tests, but nothing like a quiz or a test can tell you who You are in that way.

3. MelG

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah I know that now. But I mean when you are looking for answers and you have nowhere to get them you would do anything to get some kind of clue. Or was that just me?

But anyway I'm past that point in my "discovery" now. just wanted to know whether any one else did the same as me and what the results were lol :slight_smile:

4. africanFlower

lol yep i dd do probably all the quizzes known out there. i found some a tad bit irritating because i could not relate to some of the questions they asked or the answer i would have prefered giving was not in the options if u get me lol, do as a result, i got a lot of different answers. some said i was full on lesbian while others said i was bi. one thing i do recall though is that none said i was straight. closest thing i got to straight was one quizz that said i am bi-curious. so thy confused me more than they helped me. but hey thats just me.

5. wanderinggirl

Unfortunately many of them rely on stereotypes and confuse gender expression/identity with sexuality. There's no shortcut to understanding your own desires.

...But yes I did take the quizzes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. kyran98

kyran98 Guest

I only did the Kinsey one? And got (N) because I don't experience sexual attraction. What I did do was read up on a lot of identities and found one that fit what I feel? That helped a lot, and also speaking to people on the internet about it really opened my eyes.

7. YunoGasai

i did a Kinsey scale test and scored 2, sounds about right i guess.

8. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course I've tried plenty internet tests! Although I don't remember using internet tests to clear up any confusion with my sexuality. I've tried to repress my bisexuality, but it was obvious otherwise. I was 14 or 15 when I got the internet at home and learned many definitions to things I already understood.

A somewhat interesting test was called the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid. Although it only deals with 2 genders and that isn't enough in some cases. It says I'm kinsey 2.71 and I think jesus christ could you get anymore precise. Needs moar decimal places.

9. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I used to take those quizzes all the time. Not so much anymore, but you're not the only one. :slight_smile:

10. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to do those tests, just for the fun of it. I already know my sexuality, and I like to see what those tests say about it and if they're accurate. There are some questions that actually determine the outcome. Especially the one where they ask you what do you think you are (Straight, bisexual, gay). I think the choice you select there, is the answer you'll get. I've found that to be the case in many tests. So yeah, I just do it for the fun of it when I'm bored :grin:

11. MelG

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    AfricanFlower I got the exact same results as you lol. VelvetBlade yeah now I do them just for the fun as well. It's just kind of funny to see what kind of results you get compared to what you know you are lol

12. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Problem with these quizzes is that people are rarely ever honest, even to themselves. They will subconsciously try to supress their sexuality if they're ashamed of it, even when alone.

13. kibeth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I did a few myself, didn't get much out of it though, but somehow just thinking about the answers to those questions and reading a lot of reading and thinking) got me to know who I am. So I in a way it helped

14. MelG

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's great kibeth I'm glad they helped you even a little bit. I guess they helped me in a way too. I think after doing those quizzes myself and not feeling satisfied with the answers I got, it caused me to keep on looking and eventually I found EC. And EC has helped me a lot.