1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Blondes REALLY have more fun????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterTinkles, Feb 5, 2015.

1. MisterTinkles

There is an old saying "Blondes have more fun".

And much to my amazement, all the blondes I have known in my life have actually had more fun in life than anyone else I know with any other hair color.

They not only have more fun, they have happier lives because people seem to give them anything they want.

My sister is a blonde, and she's gotten everything she has ever wanted in life with little or no effort. She's been around the world twice, she has lived in different countries. She has met famous people, and she has barely had to work for a living even though she held down jobs. I have brown hair, and I have had to work my ass off, doing literally back breaking work sometimes, just to be able to pay the rent. I have never had anything handed to me, as my sister has, I have never had anything go easy for me in my life, as my sister has. Hell, she is getting ready to divorce hubby #5 right now, and I have never even had any kind of relationship! And I am five years older than her!

All my friends who have been blondes have all had the same type of lives. Easy going, people bending over backwards to give them anything they want, working jobs they really dont have to do anything at, never gone to college, and they have it all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Are YOU a blonde?
    How is your life compared to non-blondes you know?

Are there any blondes in your life?
    How are their lives compared to yours?

2. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I am not blonde (I just have dark brown hair). But I have a fair few friends who have blonde hair and none of them stand out particularly as having much easier lives. One is a chap who only did mediocre in high-school and currently is working in retail while trying to apply for universities. Another was simply a very smart guy who excelled in school due to his intellect not colour of his hair (I still beat him in physics though, I got a 96%, he got a 95%, Haha), He is currently studying computer sciences at university. Another is an absolute idiot who no one likes, he dropped out of school and all he does is continuously smoke pot now. Most of the people I work with don't have blonde hair (save one) and he doesn't seem to get any preferential treatment from what I can tell. All in all, I would say that from a statistical standpoint the blonde people I know don't live magically superior lives to the other people I know.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Most of the blondes I've known of, yes, life started out fun and advantageous, but then that came to a grinding halt. Usually when they had kids.

The blondes I've known of who, somehow, avoided kids, became overweight and all those special privileges started to vanish sadly, even with the blonde hair, or they are just making ends meet in some mediocre job.

From what I've noticed, any blondes I've encountered or knew of, did have some type of advantage, thus more fun to choose from for a while, but it came/comes to an end.

Just my observation.

As for my life vs their life... well, there's a lot more to take into consideration, besides the color of my hair. I'm not exactly a fair example, LOL. But to answer the question, in some aspects I'm better, some about the same, and others a little behind.

4. Justinian20

I'm a blonde guy and compared to everyone else I know, my life is the equivalent of being dragged through the shitter. In comparison to all non blondes I know, I've been the only one who was depressed, and a lot more things have happened to me that has not happened to everyone else. I see all the non blondes and they are the ones living a life of luxury in comparison to me.

I am the one who never had things handed to me, but I also had to deal with things all the other non blondes didn't. I'm almost the opposite, I am the blonde guy who has the least fun, obviously though in certain exchanges I was definitely more fun than others but my life is not more fun than an average person's life.

5. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

That's ridiculous. It's just a hair color, and one of the minorities in the world at that.

6. SonicBoom

#6 SonicBoom, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  7. Zombi3

I think they said that, because probably people were more attracted to blondes. So they had more fun due to all the attention.

8. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I've heard that saying is a reference to sex. Supposedly blondes have more fun because their partner can see them in the dark, so it leads to sex. Weird, I know.

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's thing about cities along the east coast, from New York to Baltimore...we have hardly any blonds! So I can't say. The few we have are bleached. The rest dye their hair darker colors. =p

But seriously, I doubt they have more fun.

10. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I really just think it comes from blond hair being rarer, so it's more prized and desirable, and thus blond women get more attention and are perceived as more attractive.

But I don't know, I'm a blond guy and my life has been pretty fun so far, so maybe it's true :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm blonde and I don't have more fun then my non-blonde friends, I just get told that I am a dumb blonde! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most blondes I know have a very bubbly personality, and I think people are attracted to positivity. I'm attracted to blondes in every way possible, have no idea why.

13. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nobody has more fun than me, and I have brown hair.

There are four natural blondes in my (immediate) family and they're not exactly living la vida loca.

#13 imnotreallysure, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  14. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If there is any smigden of truth to that cliche...it's because of the placebo effect. My sister and best friend are natural blondes. My sister has had a fairly (middle-class style) crap life. She's doing alright, but I wouldn't particularly say she's had much fun being in debt up to her eyeballs and struggling to balance keeping a min wage job and university. My best friend is pretty much the exact same. Except she almost didn't graduate high school, never went to post-sec, lived in Korea, and is married. Still has the debt and min wage job though.

15. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Funny this topic should come up. When I was a teenager I used to dye my hair blonde off and on and earlier I was looking at some old photos on computer and thinking how different I used to look with fair hair. I wouldn't say I had more fun because of it. Mostly I had a load of hassle trying to get the colour to keep up with fast root regrowth of my natural dark brown without missing spots and looking like a parrot!

16. tscott

Blond as can be and I can't say I ever had an edge because of it.

17. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The blondes I know have worse depression than I do :/

18. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone who thinks blondes have more fun, should come to Sweden. It will make them think differently, trust me.

19. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOOOOOOOOOL XD XD XD And I'm sitting at home reading Death XD Guess I'm an anti-blonde :roflmao:

20. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had depression since I was 14.

Stereotype broken.

-----------
    Huh, never heard that one before...

#20 Browncoat, Feb 6, 2015