1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Like Taking Pictures?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This can be for taking pictures, with your camera, but I was more or less wanting to know, how do you handle being on the receiving end?

Do you like people taking pictures of you? Relatives and friends can be known to do this, like at various events or during certain situations. Do you try to avoid being in range?

Is there anybody, that you know, who takes the picture-taking to a whole new level?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I only like people taking pictures when I initiate it, which is rarely. I'm really bad at taking selfies, so I request friends to take pictures of me from time to time.

I am loathe to stand in for family pictures.

~ Adrienne

3. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I try to avoid it because I never look myself in photos (this has been noticed by me and several others) so it's hard to get an acceptable one. I especially dislike having them taken without my permission, this is even more the case now in the age of the social networks. I don't really want myself ending up dotted about people's profiles for all the internet to see. Fortunately I don't have relatives that do this, but with the whole world whipping out their camera phones at the drop of a hat it's harder to avoid.

4. Psaurus918

I look terrible in pictures but I can careless if friends take pics of me.

5. lemons123

Not really. Never wanted to be famous either :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. timo

I used to hate this but at some point I just stopped caring. It's actually nice to have some spontaneous photos of yourself to look back at.

7. Burnedcloset

I generally dislike when people take pictures of me when I'm not aware. I hate being 'sniped'. it instantly makes me freak out. I get really down.

I take pictures of myself all the time. It's not through positivity. It's me critiquing my own self. Criticizing my face I guess.

When people take family photos I'm fine with that. Or when I ask someone to take a picture of me and someone else or something, I'm cool with that.

There is one person who doesn't live near me anymore who used to take pictures of me on purpose to try to make me feel insecure. Pointing out my flaws. He is probably the main reason I'm so insecure. I'm glad he's gone and I think he wouldn't bother me anymore.

8. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not a big fan of having my picture taken; I tend to smile awkwardly and seeing a camera pointed at me makes me nervous. I love being the one taking pictures, though. I'm really into cameras and I often do most of the picture-taking on trips.

9. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Well I do enjoy taking pictures (I'm not a professional by any means though).

I hate getting my picture taken. Hate it! I feel like I take such awful pictures. But, of course, when you tell people you don't like it, that's all they want to do.

My mom is a picture fiend. I swear my nephew didn't recognize her for the first two years of his life if she didn't have her camera in front of her face.

10. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love taking photographs. I was really into it my middle school years and my parents got me a good camera. Though I'm not one of those newb photographers that think the camera decides how good the photo is. It may affect the pixels and technical quality, but... yeah, won't go into detail. I was a hardcore photographer and have kind have gotten out of it... but I want to get back into it, I'm trying very hard. I kind of wish linking to my deviantART profile wasn't against the rules.

Getting my picture taken, I hate that. I'm the one that's supposed to be behind the camera. The only exceptions are group photos when I'm with friends, and teammates (like a victory photo after a meet).

11. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have no desire for any spotlight but I love pictures. I have a huge file on my computer of selfies that no one has ever seen.

I used to hate it, but I think that probably changed when I noticed that we had almost no pictures of my mom. Now, I insist on taking pictures at every family event and every time I see my friends.

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of myself :slight_smile: but I hate being in group pictures.

13. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Yes, I like my picture taken.

14. MisterTinkles

I despise having my pic taken.

I have even looked into the legality of having my image registered with some sort of copyright so I could sue anybody taking my pic and not getting my "ok" first.......but no go on that.

Not that Im anything worth taking a pic of anyways.

15. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I second that quote...

16. tulman

I like taking pictures and don't mind being in them because most of them bring back happy memories. My mother was a big time shutterbug too. She took many pictures of my sister and me and we still have most of them. I spent many hours scanning them and creating photo albums on the computer of our childhood activities and family vacations.

17. badluckfairy

I hate it when people take photos of me, and I rarely like taking pictures of myself too. I'm not photogenic, and somehow the camera seems to magnify the slightest imperfections.

18. Kilbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really don't like being in a photo. My friends always ask for one, and they usually get angry at me for being a killjoy. The same goes for family.
    For some reason, I just hate the feeling of people looking at a photo of me. It feels uncomfortable.

19. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've read Photography for Dummies. That's about the extent of my photography knowledge. I mostly just take pictures of my knives. I hate taking pictures of myself. I also have issues with other people taking my picture. Although I can deal with it, if it's important for the person asking and I trust them.

20. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

the only way you'll get a serious picture of me is if you sneak one when im not looking~ my family understand this well