1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another poll about abortion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maselalala, Feb 7, 2015.

?

Are you Pro-Choice, or Pro-Life?

1. Pro-Choice

102 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. Pro-Life

12 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Neither

8 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Depends

23 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. maselalala

Just wanted to know wether you're pro choice or pro life lol...

2. Psaurus918

Pro choice

3. badluckfairy

It's hard for me to say, because I am male, I can never know what it is like to be pregnant. A woman could have been raped or lied to and as a result got pregnant or even fear labour.

I'll never have to fear going through labour and will not have to fear the complications that come with bearing a child and how that can change the body even after the birth.

So as much as I don't like the idea of abortion (and if I got a woman pregnant, I'd hope that she doesn't, but I know that it is ultimately her decision), I fully respect that it is a womans right to abort if she wants to. So for me, I'll vote 'Depends' as I guess I'm both.

4. antibinary

Pro-abortion. Screw emphuesms. I reckon if cis-men could get pregnant then there wouldn't be any discusion on it. If I get raped, or the condom splits, or turns out have not the health or the money, or HAVE ANY REASON NOT TO HAVE TO PUSH THE BABY OUT OF MY BODY, I want to be able to.

5. maselalala

I was initially pro-choice until I realized a zygote was living. My friends are pro-choice and pro life, and my pro-choice friends tried telling me a zygote wasn't alive, and I half believed it (I KNOW IT SOUNDS DUMB) even though they're cells. But when I learned a living being was involved, and when my pro-life friends showed me a video on how they perform abortions, it started to make me pro-life for the sake of the poor baby.. ;-;

---------- Post added 7th Feb 2015 at 10:05 AM ----------

I'm not pushy though. I kinda keep my mouth shut about it because it's something that I don't really think about a lot.

6. KingJude

Generally Pro-Life, but I can think of many places where I think it would be okay, such as when a woman's been raped, or the birth could endanger her life. I guess I'm just not okay with women having abortions simply because the child is unwanted.

7. maselalala

True.

8. MisterTinkles

My answer may be a bit convoluted, but here goes........

First, I think ALL rapists should have their dicks and balls cut off.
    That would make any asswipe stop and think several times over if its worth the price of doing something so heinous.

Second, it should be LAW...that anybody wanting to get pregnant MUST spend no less than 3 months volunteering in a day care center. If THAT doesn't shove the thoughts of kids out of your head, then.......
    The next step would be HEAVY psychiatric counseling, to see if the person is mentally, physically, medically, and financially responsible and healthy enough to bring a living thing into this fucked up world.

Third, it would also be LAW, that your first child will be an adopted child. And after a 5 year period, you and the child would have to go back to the psychiatric counselor to see if you both have matured and grown, as is acceptable to standard parental/child practices. If no, then you are forbidden to have your own children. If yes, then you would proceed to the next step.

Fourth, once again having heavy psychiatric counseling to see if you are still "up for it". And if you pass, then you are given a government issued card allowing you to get pregnant, as well as medical facilities being allowed to treat you for this pregnancy.

Fifth, parental abuse or forfeiture of the child during the childs life, will be taken as your acceptance of being a non-parent for the remainder of your life. Any defiance of this law will be resulted in life imprisonment and/or execution (depending on the level of abuse or forfeiture).

Sixth, the parent WILL be held responsible for the actions and words spoken by the child, until the child has "come of age" (20 years old). If a parent neglects the responsibility to teach the child manners, etiquette, public self-control, tolerance and understanding, this may be taken as abuse (see Fifth paragraph).

This would keep over population down, stop welfare abuse, stop the wrong people from breeding, make sure that people and the children are completely healthy before inception, make sure that everything is monitored for high prime acceptance on all levels, and keep children safe, secure, and growing up as conscious, hard working, ethical adults.

9. timo

I feel like any woman who wants an abortion, for whatever reason, should be able to have one. There have to be some rules though, the most important one being the time frame in which one can have an abortion. In the Netherlands this is set at 24 weeks, the age in which a foetus generally is able to live outside of the womb (which, to me, is important to view it as a living being).

I also have a massive issue with the term 'pro-life' but that's an entirely different discussion.

10. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    That's my view as well. I'm pro-life, but not to a ridiculous degree. Obviously if it looks like neither of them are going to make it, then you save the mother. I just don't think "inconvenience" is a good reason.

I'm reminded of a Mother Theresa quote: "It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I might sound bad but ya they should have every right to have an abortion no matter what. It's there body. Plus if they were raped of arent mentally or physically stable then ya they should have the right to. Plus we already have 7 billion people in the world. Having an abortion isn't going to do any damage to the population because the population is still growing.

12. antibinary

What happens if the mother (or father) doesn't have the health (physical or emotional) to parent a child. I can't imagine the child getting a decent upbringing then.

13. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Politically, I'm pro-choice. Morally, I'm mostly pro-choice except I think late-term abortion is morally problematic.

14. SomeLeviathan

pragmatically I'm prochoice. Morally I'm pro choice at any trimester. Even if I accepted the premise that fetuses are people and have a right to life, there is a Kantian argument to be made that abortion is a measure of self defense, so if I accepted that right wing talking point (which I don't) I still wouldn't have trouble morally justifying abortion

15. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Pro-choice".

Please, define "Life" for me.

Also, being "pro-choice" doesn't mean i (or anyone else) agree with abortion at any stages of pregnancy.

P.S.: It is really weird to call someone "Pro-Life". Even biologists have a hard time defining what exactly "life" is and when it begins.

#15 Chiroptera, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  16. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Vehemently pro-choice.

17. maselalala

Late trimester abortion is comparable to not having an abortion for a rape victim. They're both extremely serious flaws to BOTH arguments. While I am pro-life, the edge of my reason; a gray zone perhaps, is the issue of abortion and rape.

18. tulman

Here we go again. Ask yourself the question: When does life begin? The fact is life begins when that little fish hooks up with the egg and they attach themselves to the uterine wall. A new life begins to grow at that moment, not at some time we rationalize because it is convenient.

19. maselalala

YESSSSS! I personally think a lot of pro-choicers objectify the baby, and they do this because they don't wanna suffer the consequences for their sexual activity. They view the life of a innocent baby as less important than their "sexual freedom"

20. antibinary

You eat things with more complex bodies and minds that a embryo or fetus. And don't give me the 'potential' arguement because the potential for a new life goes everytime someone has their period.