1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirty, rotten, filthy habits

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joelouis, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Joelouis

Are there any habits people you know have that really piss you off?
    I have a colleague that refuses point blank to wash his hands and will think nothing of trying to take a chip (fries) from your plate or put his hand in your bag of crisps (chips).
    He will also constantly have his hands down his pants.

He will annoy the other employees with other habits. Luckily I only have to work with him occasionally.

Do any of your friends or work colleagues have habits that annoy you?

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

My mother chews with her mouth open. As well as talks with her mouth full. And just generally has bad eating habits.

It disgusts me to no end.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My dad will put one finger on his nostril and blow his nose that way and i'm like no please just get a fucking tissue.

4. CyanChachki

People who don't clean their nails, bathe (or bathe enough), or sneeze right in the open, not covering it. I also hate when people clip their nails in public, but that's rarely happened here.

The worst is when people fart in a crowd. That's just gross.

5. tonysaur

tonysaur Guest

I hate when my mother has her midnight snacks. She eats so loud.

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't stand when people walk outside barefoot and then walk back inside!

7. badluckfairy

That's my worst pet hate. People who don't wash their hands.

Like when you go to the supermarket and someone blatantly doesn't wash their hands after doing a big nasty poo, and then you later see them messing with the loose fruit and veg.

8. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate it when people chew their gum loudly, then play with it with their fingers, twirling it around and putting it back in their mouth blegh

9. PurpleGrey

I hate when people inhale their food. Like, are they TRYING to kill themselves?

And of course there's the grubby hands, nose picking, open sneezes and coughs, walking around in their underwear, and general belief that showering every day is a license to throw hygiene to the wind, so to speak.

10. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate it when I work in health care and I see people sneeze into their hands. And they don't wash them after or don't use the hand sanitizer. They just don't think about it. I tell them to sneeze into their shirt or sneeze into the upper part or your arm with the sleeves. But they get all offended for some reason.

Another one is talking while eating or with mouth full of food or chewing food. I hate this one. But it's not very common, except among my family. They will be eating and sometimes they will be eating... and talking. And sometimes they will be talking to me while I'm eating. They will ask me a question, and they will get impatient as I am trying to eat. "Well, answer me when I'm talking to you." I get that one. And my grandmother mainly does it. So like a smart ass I open my mouth and point to it. She gets grossed out. Then I swallow my food and say. "Be glad I simply showed it. If I had answered your question, you would have had gotten a much better view of my chewed food. I don't like talking with my mouth full." And even when I tell them that, they still do it it me. They talk with their mouths full, but it's not like all of the time. It drives me absolutely insane when I see that shit at a public restaurant.

Smoking. I can let this one slide because my family excluding my dad is smokers. I don't smoke. But I don't like being in the same room as people who do. It's alright sometimes because the smoke isn't constantly in my face, but somehow I always happen to be downwind from somebody who does. I like cigar smoke, but cigarettes... nope.

And drinking. Some people drink for the sake of getting drink. Example... is my ex-boyfriend. I hate it.

I have my own habits that I also wish to break because even I find them filthy. My own habits. Popping my neck, popping my knuckles. Tobacco is one, but I have been on a decline with it lately. I hope this decline will come to a full stop soon. Because it's disgusting. We all have our filthy habits too.

11. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad eats off the floor. Not by default. He picks up food he's accidentally dropped. 30 second rule apparently. At least he keeps the smoking away from people.

I shouldn't be one to bitch about bacteria. I've bought polo mints, to try and curb my pen/pencil chewing habit.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Whoever goes into public restrooms and does the following:

- Pisses on the toilet cover.
    - Smears the bathroom mirror with sink water.
    - Clogs the sink with toilet paper; sometimes leaving the water running, too.
    - Leaves the trash can overflowing with nose-blown toilet paper.
    - Has wet chunks of toilet paper, all over the floor.
    - Doesn't flush the toilet, and lets it sit and fester.

I will find you, whoever you are, and I will kill you! That shit (pun intended) ain't cute!

LOL.

13. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't say it's dirty or rotten, but I hate that I always have to have something in my other hand if I don't need to use it. A bottle cap, a pen, a set of keys, something. Oh how many poor pens I've destroyed...as for other people, I don't have a specific habit that I hate because usually the kind of person who leaves a toilet the way Kaiser described it, is very likely a horrible person altogether.

#13 Brandiac, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kind of ironic that [Western] people make fun of Indians for eating with their hands but will not wash their hands to eat a pizza or sandwich...

15. cognito

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a simular issue with my Mother.
    With each fork/spoon full she pokes her tongue out. It's kinda like watching a lizard eat.

16. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    One of my best friend spits on the ground all the time; he doesn't even notice that he does it. But I find it pretty gross >.<

17. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My main one is when people wear flip-flops. I hate that sound they make, and find then disgusting.

Also, sandals in general, and when people take their shoes off in public buildings, like at the library where I work.

Another one is when people clack/snap their gum.

Smoking, drinking, talking while eating, fine, just spare me the ones listed above!

18. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Certain persons in my building when wasted or otherwise behaving like idiots, seem to think the communal stairwell automatically becomes their own personal urinal/beer bottle and loose food disposal area when they are too out of it to go into their own residence to do all that. Some time ago, the downstairs cupboards where all the electric meters are stored had evidently been used as a toilet cubicle for a dog, presumably because the weather was bad and the owner didn't fancy taking it outside to do it's business (that's assuming it was the dog, unless the residents own toileting habits had reached an all new low!)

My mother does things like this as well, despite having been told many times. I often say to her: you spend enough time talking when you're not eating. :lol:

^All of the above. And I would add, whoever it is that manages to smear what is clearly not chocolate on the walls of the cubicle.

However in honesty I can't be too judgmental, because when thinking about that toilet paper thing I was reminded that as a kid I was rather successful at decorating the school bathroom ceilings with some sizable wet tp balls, but then they did stay up there and nobody using the bathroom had to walk on or touch the ceiling.

19. apocalypse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't stand it when people just judge others left and right. I know, I'm judging the judgemental people right now, I'm a hypocrite right now lol.

It really kills the mood. There's this one girl I know who tries really hard to seem above everything and acts like you're the most immature person she knows. In the beginning of the school year I was telling a friend, "I climbed a tree in the rain yesterday, it was so beautiful and relaxing!" and this girl pops in and says "What?? You're so weird? Why the hell would anybody do that?" although I think this person is just very sad and angry inside. I can't really blame her for judging when she's so hateful but it still bothers me.