1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Images but can't express it exactly in real life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MissRanger, Feb 8, 2015.

1. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

Have you ever had any thoughts/images in your head and once you draw/put it on a piece of paper it doesn't look exactly like what you've imagined it to be? This always happens to me. When I think of these beautiful images in my head and try to draw it it never looks like the images in my head. I've always wondered why is this the case? Why is it so hard to express an idea in your head and create it exactly in real life? Just a thought.

2. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ideals of beauty are fleeting. Our thoughts are spontaneous and when we think of them, they are free to roam free. They grasp our curiosity. That's creativity which makes it a mindset and nothing truly physical. Our brains fire rapidly and become lost with the images that they view. Feels great for the moment.
    Art would be the physical form of these images I suppose. Not every creative person is an artist, and even an artist is not truly creative. A person may draw such exquisite details and never truly bring new insight or something never before seen to that piece. A creative person may not have the skill to make art. These terms are exclusive.
    I'm just like you. I consider myself very creative, but oftentimes, inspired to create these images, I feel slightly or immensely disappointed. Some pieces are truly great though. The mind is just too phenomenal to ever be understood or replaced.
    I call myself a creative feeler instead and speaking of being creative there is a quote I hope to share:“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler." Nietzsche. Our emotions are closer to what we "mean" and our thoughts interpret them, but they are never as perfect as natural, spontaneous feelings. Art is deliberate and interprets our emotions, but what our minds feel(images, dreams, stories, fantasies)will always be better.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We have spent thousands of years pursuing expression. All you can do is not give up when you really feel you have something of value.

4. CyanChachki

Yes, definitely. I have this one picture in my head that I keep trying to redraw but it never comes out the way I want it to.

5. Formality

I've noticed the pictures I draw in my head, that I think are very clear, are actually very abstract. It's really hard to completely imagining a picture just as I want it, since it usually breaks the natural laws... in a sense. It's hard to explain. But I often imagine pictures in a way that they cannot look because it doesn't make sense, and they are often re-imagined in different stages and so I end up with multiple pictures that don't fit to create the end product. So I end up having to kind of go with the flow when I'm painting and creating, and just try to make an interpretation of whatever is in my head.