1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentines Day Questions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MarthRoyIke, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MarthRoyIke

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi EC.

I've been separated from my ex for about 6 months now. It's been hard. I realize I had way more feelings than I thought for her, but I understand that I have to move past this in order to grow. I'm glad I moved away to a new city.

Valentines day is coming up and I'm not sure what to do. I don't care much for the holiday, but I also don't want to sit at home bored or see a bunch of couples around reminding me of my ex. Obviously in past years I had someone to focus on, but now I just want to get out there and find something fun to do.

Would going to a bar be out of line? I've never been to a bar alone. I just moved to a new city and I don't know any bars around here. I also have no friends here, gay or straight, to show me the city in that way. Any suggestions on what to do as a single gay guy on Valentines day?

2. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    well whether single gay guy or girl many of us are in the same boat..im gonna try to avoid the bar just cuz i have a problem with booze..i guess i realized too that im not gonna find the type of girl i desire at a bar anyway..ofcourse the same doesnt have to ring true for u..bars are fun as hell im not gonna lie and i go alone allllll the time..i have like no friends really lol..idk i think honestly i might just get out to a new city for the weekend and go check out the town..i like to skate so i might check out their parks or maybe go for a hike or idk..local sober events or festivals lol then go for a smoothie or lunch/dinner or sumthing fuk it..valentines day is just another day..im still single that dont change lol..good luck..keep us posted on what ur gonna choose to do *hug*