1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YOUR ideal holiday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Images and Words, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Images and Words

I'm feeling sad that it's 5 months until I go on holiday, and I've got nothing but exams and stress in between. So, what's your ideal holiday?
    Despite being British, I've never felt a need to go binge drinking in Magaluf or Ibiza until I can't stand and puke comes out of my eyes, and I'm all like [​IMG]

to give you an idea of what I like out of a holiday, this year, I'm going back to to Greece (the best country, in the world) to a small village called Alykes
    here is a video: [YOUTUBE]33hB9TUhU_c[/YOUTUBE]

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Clubbing and concerts in Tokyo. I'll stay a month to make sure I hit Club Walpurgis, Dark Castle and Decadance.

(Of course, this is before I actually move to Tokyo)

3. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm drawn to urban environments, but prefer to avoid the typical touristy areas. Like in Barcelona, you won't catch me on La Rambla (it's full of pickpockets anyway).

Ibiza, Benidorm, Magaluf - the last places in Spain anyone should ever visit. I like clubbing though.

4. Images and Words

that would also be pretty damn cool. you like j-rock?

5. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Holiday in Tokyo...

6. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Any nice beach

7. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Some mountain somewhere, I like trecking and going on long walks. I find beaches boring except for the fact that you get to see the odd hot guy topless.

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Of course~
    I'm that one guy obsessed with obscure Japanese bands no ones ever heard of haha
    I love indies v-kei

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Snowy mountains are very appealing, maybe with some woods nearby or surrounding me.

A beach can be nice, too, I suppose, if it isn't too far from where you're staying.

10. AlamoCity

As a family vacation, I wouldn't mind going again to Disney World or going skiing in NM or CO. Sure, it's embarrassing to fall on your ass, but all is forgiven when people find out you're from Texas :lol:.

With a boyfriend, I'd enjoy going to an isolated region and maybe stay at a bed and breakfast or resort. Montana or Idaho sound nice. Going antiquing would be fun, exploring historical areas and also going skiing or hiking. Going fishing would also be nice; better yet, an trip to hunt some game, maybe even elk, would be awesome. We might even end up with his and his trophies on the mantle :lol:.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

AlamoCity, you are too damn adorable!

<3.

12. Justinian20

Ideal Holiday would be with a Boyfriend and I would take him to either Italy, the UK or Greece, what all of this would be for is to see all those ruins of ancient history and I'll watch my boyfriend be amazed by all the history. I would take him to see as much as possible as well, in fact the ideal holiday with a boyfriend would be going on a historical epic adventure and discovering history through travel. We would go to all historically significant places missing out on the Middle East and perhaps the Holy Cities of religion but rather focusing on European Castles and famous battle locations for example in Greece. I might visit the location where the 300 Spartans plus about a thousand Athenians stood and held the Persian attacks in the Battle of Thermopylae. Also the Battle of Marathon would be another location, some of the Roman battle locations I would visit. All with my boyfriend of course. So we could further enjoy the journey, take a couple of cute photos together. It would be so much better than seeing the historical stuff with friends. No America, sorry America unless my boyfriend happens to be interested in the British Empire, well we won't be visiting you in this journey.

13. Zombi3

Either a sunny island resort or Japan's hot springs

14. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dislike travelling, I am perfectly content to do as Lao Tzu said in the Tao Te Ching: "Since they dearly love their homes, they aren't interested in travel...... And even though the next country is so close that people can hear its roosters crowing and dogs barking, they are content to die without ever having gone to see it."

Things such as school don't stress me very much and my idea of a holiday is getting to go into work all week as opposed to having to take time off for classes. I don't like to be doing nothing productive so if I am not in school I want to be working. I suppose when I do start feeling a little burnt out I do take a day or two to get some extra sleep/watch some movies and play some video games, but nothing more. I get the feeling I may be in the running for worlds most boring person given my view on how time should be spent though.

#14 LibertyValance, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  15. Formality

Going to the Alps or doing anything other skiing related. I like being active on my holidays. Or some place where I can be adventurous. I hate sitting in a chair on the beach, that's like the most boring thing you can do.

16. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would rather stay home.

Or maybe go to Japan...

17. Images and Words

I would also like anywhere in Japan or a holiday to somewhere in the mountains. Exercise holidays are not for me, though

18. PurpleGrey

Well, seeing as I freaking live by the beach, like, a thirty minute walk away, I don't really want to go somewhere for that, although the beaches in Hawaii are arguably the best, warm water, steep decline into it, don't have to wade a mile to swim. California beaches suck.

Anyway, I'd rather go to some big city with lots to do. Maybe New York, but I don't wanna get mugged. San Francisco is great, but the bridge area stinks like a sewer on steroids. Maybe if I was far away from the smell in a good hotel with a pool, that would be the best.

Okay, so I'd spend the whole vacation buying stuff and going to bars, I'm an American. We are drunk materialists, apparently. :grin:

19. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would love to go to Venice Italy and go to the leaning tower of Pisa and eat pizza in a cone and gelato.

20. tscott

I'm very torn...with my kids and a boyfriend a summer house on Ocean Blvd. in Kennebunkport...lots of time to read, sail, walk the beach, and stuff myself with lobsters...on the other hand one of the smaller hotels in Bermuda might be nice...I do love its powdery, pink sand...laze on the beach, swim, fish chowder at the Hog Penny, Dark and Stormys, great shopping

With just a boy friend a cottage in Scotland...with some trips to London, York, the Lake District, and Glasgow or Edinburgh...or a small cabin with a good kitchen in the Adirondacks on Tupper Lake...listening to the loons, canoeing, fishing, snuggling in, and sleeping late.