1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making new friends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MeganMarie, Feb 10, 2015.

1. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just a little foreground to help you understand a little about me.

About 9 years ago really was struggling with who I am and my enjoyment of crossdressing.
    Brought me to a therapist, which is a side story. When I first started she was super nice and understood me and was very supportive and helpful. About our third session she told me that she was going to transition to become a male. She suggested if I had any issues with it she could recommend someone for my sessions.

I agreed to stay with him at this point thought it was so fascinating and could help me grow to accept me for who I am. He Transitioned and I remained his client, he was super I just am so greatfull for the experience.

One of the issues I was having was felt divided, was I denouncing my masculinity or wanting to transition. He helped me sort this out and go the path that I felt was right for me. Finally came to the conclusion, I am dual gendered. Did not want to denounce anything but rather embrace a part of me.

A suggestion he made was for me to expand my network of friends. Find others within the LGBT community that can accept me regardless of how I am dressed. Which seemed logical, however making friends other than other crossdressers is much more difficult than I expected. Maybe I am not looking in the right places or connecting with the right people.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve been to many bars and other events of the community and always been treated well, but its hard to establish friends.

Do others have the same issues or suggestions of how I can cast that friend net….

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...4048-how-find-other-androgynous-people.html#6

and here:
    http://www.gires.org.uk/assets/DOH-Assets/pdf/doh-transgender-experiences.pdf
    This is a brochure for the british national health service, a very reputable source.

Many people now say being tg is biological. Theory has it it has to do with brain development before birth. So its neither your nor parents fault, and meaning its not just a whim ...
    of course there are different stages to this...
    (What I do not like is on page 7 talking about stress... many experience relief...)

You might tell that your gender is only part of you, you are still a "normal" person. Or an individual :slight_smile:.

This might take some of the awkwardness out of the subject, and give you a chance to prove yourself as a person.

And you might have a look at this thread:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-discussions/166447-how-do-you-make-friends-adulthood.html#5

hugs

#2 jay777, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  3. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Jay All helpful information.