1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and need help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by soft redneck, Feb 10, 2015.

1. soft redneck

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I came out of the closet about 14 years ago but for the last 5 years I have not been active in the lgbt comunity partly because I live in the woods and away from a lot of people !
    But I have started to reach out to the lgbt comunity but I feel I do not know much of anything any more. And I am at a loss ! It seems I am constantly getting schooled by friends about what I say ! I am a lesbian !!!!! It strikes me as odd that other members of the lgbt comunity get offended that I don't call them queer ! I find this to be an offensive word when referring to any member of this community!

PLEASE HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND !!

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anony...rientation/150854-what-does-queer-mean.html#4

If you do not like the term queer, its your right to say so.

But, well, you could do it in a non offensive way. Its your right to describe your feelings, but you might do it in a nice way.

And its your right to pick how you would like to be called. If you like the term lesbian, its completely ok.

(*hug*) (&&&)