1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange reversed dreams...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Belle the Bee, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Last night I had a dream in which my sister was coming out to me. My sister is the straightest person I know and I woke up super confused. This wasn't the first dream though. About a month ago I had a similar dream in which my mom was gay. Its super bizarre! Has anyone else had dreams similar to these?? Or am I the only one having these weird reversed role dreams?

2. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    They may try to appear very straight because they have some... urges themselves.

No, seriously. I know two women who are extremely homophobic... and both of them had some... les yay moments.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might interpret the persons as part of you,
    projected on some relatives of you.

Seeing a woman in your dreams might hint to your emotional side.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have what I'd say are similarly 'reversed' dreams.

Namely: In 8th grade, I had this friend, who for whatever reason, suddenly turned on me, with some other 'friends', and decided that they were going to make my life a living Hell. What is strange, is that after that year, the whole thing ended; I'd see him, we'd say nothing to each other, and so it went till I graduated. I was just happy it ended, and they stopped trying to beat me up. Then, when I went to college, he was there...and in the same dorm, down the hall!

So I started to have these dreams that I was in middle-school again, and that we'd become lovers, and instead of fighting, we'd be kissing and having sex, and it was the strangest thing. I mean, he was cute, but he was also my biggest enemy/bully that I faced, and to have these sexual dreams (repeatedly) with him in them struck me as somehow meaningful, and felt particularly exhilarating. Actually, I still have them sometimes. I suppose it's a way of undoing things, undoing not just the hurt, but also just the sheer loneliness of that era of life.

#4 HuskyPup, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  5. jp36

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't seem surprising at all. In your dreams, your subconscious is thinking about the same things that you think about during the day. Rightly or wrongly, coming out is something we think about very much from the perspective of those we're considering coming out to. 'How will my mum/sister feel about this? What will it be like for her? How will she react?' I imagine that in these dreams your brain is just working through those kinds of thoughts by putting you in their position.