1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The People around you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I was talking to a work colleague about how to improve self esteem as it's something I've managed to really build over the last year. I told they one of the keys to it is to surround yourself with positive people who support you rather then negative people who will try and bring you down.

So, I thought I'd ask, are you surrounded by positive people in your life. Furthermore, have you made a conscious choice to and therefore actually surrounded yourself with positive people? If you haven't, I'm genuinely curious what may be preventing this. Also, had there been that one person who really changed things for you and who is it?

Your thoughts and stories....

Happy days :slight_smile:

2. Yosia

My best friend changed my life for me totally, her positive-ness is what i need when i am feeling down, and i return the positivity when she is feeling down.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I am. :icon_bigg Generally speaking, most people I hang out with have either a neutral or positive stance in life.

No, I have not made the choice. =) People who are a bit more negative, usually don't get along well with me. =) I've had it in the past. They wonder why I am not negative, and they can feel a bit miserable because of me.. So I think that's why they don't befriend me (easily). =)

My boyfriend. :slight_smile:

4. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's a bit hard for me right now but yes, I do make an effort to surround myself with positive people. I've definitely cut people out of my life because of their negativity.

I think it started when, in my last year of school, I got really sick of having 'bad days' all the time. I made a choice that that day was going to be good and despite a lot of things that would've normally gotten me down happening, it was a good day. It was a light bulb moment that (generally) we can choose to be positive or negative. After that it snowballed into just not wanting people around me that choose to generally be unhappy.

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to attract positive people to me--so I would say that I am surrounded by positivity. I've never really made a conscious effort towards this. In my experience negative people kind of find me irritating.:lol:

I guess there is one thing I've done that has sort of tended to reinforce this. When I was younger I used to feel obliged to accept invitations. I found myself doing a lot of social activities that I really wasn't excited about but you know "I really should." If you asked me and I didn't have a real excuse I was in. I kept a really full social calendar and it was exhausting. And then I just stopped. I didn't even make excuses. I thought about whether I really thought I would enjoy it and if I didn't think I would I politely declined. And you know, hardly anyone has held it against me--and the few that have, well, they're people whose company I don't enjoy any way. It's wonderful!