1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your hideaway?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Burnedcloset

Where do you go to cope with negative/stressful things? It could be a room, a website :wink:, a song, anything really.

I find that I go to my room and I either hop on here (to annoying complain about things), watch YouTube, workout, listen to music that resonates my feelings, and relax.

2. CyanChachki

I usually go online and listen to music or sometimes I'll go to Starbucks and have a drink while listening to my iPod. I usually listen to sad songs so I can get all they crying stuff out and then I'll be in a down mood for half an hour, then I'll be fine.

3. C P

C P

Any kind of walk I decide to take on my own; so pretty much anywhere that I feel like taking a stroll to/through, such as the local bike trail.

Most of the people I'm around on a daily basis aren't really walkers, so it's guaranteed to get me some alone time. Usually I'll be listening to something and/or just looking at scenery as I walk, thinking about whatever I feel I need to.

4. DMark69

I go for a drive. I have been known to burn through more than a full tank of gas on really stressful days.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Meditation.

Provided I can settle down for a bit, this can be done almost anywhere. However, I prefer doing it in my garage, which I have set up as a semi-room. It's also where I do most of my exercising.

Sleeping is an easy way to "get away", especially if you have a great dream.

Walking somewhere quiet and/or isolated, too. Hands tucked into pocket, head down kind of thinking. I suppose jogging/running can be included here, though that's less relaxing and more of "zoning in/out".

EC is a nice break zone, too. I'm finding the voice thread to be, in particular, very therapeutic. Lol.

This isn't as often as I might like, but watching the clouds/stars while laying down, is always enjoyable. It's also a fine way of 'letting go', of getting away from the moment. Provided the sun isn't blinding your eyes, that is, with the clouds.

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

The internet is my domain

7. Lyana

I go for a walk. I love that. There's nothing better than fresh air to change your thoughts. It's relaxing.

Or on the emergency outdoor staircase outside my building. I like to get high up and watch people go by.

8. Kami

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The internet and books are my refuge.... it used to be walking but now I live in a city and 3 am is not the time to wander aimlessly in the city....

9. Lazuri

I play video games.

10. tscott

I go to the art museum and visit a favorite painting.

11. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's this little coffeeshop just below the Library and it's my absolute favorite place out of all that I've been to until now.

It's relatively small and it has two different spaces: the "inside", which decorated in some light shades and there are chalboards and signs and adorable decoration pieces without "overwhelming" the space, and the sort of "outside", I'd say, which, technically, is on the street, but there are these glass walls which allow you to see everything surrounding you and yet you're protected from the wind and/or rain - plus, this is the smokers area, so it works just perfectly to me.

I just love going there by myself with a book and sitting, eatching life happening all around me and having a ridiculously expensive cup of tea and one of my good old Marlboros.
    It just soothes me and makes me relax. I only wish I could go there more often...

---------- Post added 12th Feb 2015 at 03:32 PM ----------

For me, biking usually works :slight_smile: Though, most of the time I'll take a backpack with some food and blankets, in case I want to stop to admire some beautiful view.

And watching the stars is also an incredible thing. This one time, on my middle school final trip, me and a couple friends fleed our bungalows and went nightwalking in the deserted roads, we found a place, layed down and just stood there contemplating the stars for a good half hour. Whenever I get the chance, I still go up to my godmother's roof and gaze at the moon whilst smoking a cigarette. It's peaceful at night, ain't it?

#11 nativeofruby, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  12. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In Atlanta there is this little dive gay bar called " The Hideaway " , that is where I go to cope and to have a cocktail.

13. CrazyAwkward

Music, video games, books, the beach, and long walks/drives.

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Running serves this function. Sometimes, I go to a favorite local coffee shop.

15. antibinary

Here. Or I play videogames. Or I write fanfiction and take all my anger out on the fictional charcters. Sometimes in my head.

16. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

The local park at sunset. It's peaceful and a great place to sit and play video games while some shit is happening at home, or I just want to get away.

17. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hide out in bed.

18. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  19. Rainbows~Exist

I go to my room and cry... or just watch YouTube videos for seven hours :/

20. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lock myself in my room. I might cry. I'll also read through my e-mails from one specific girl who always manages to make me feel better. Sometimes I play music.