1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The News

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Some Dude, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Where does everyone get their news from?

Do you watch television news?
    If so what channels and why?

Do you get your news online?
    If so what websites and why?

Do you get your news from other sources(Newspapers, Podcasts etc.)
    If so which ones and why?

A few more questions you can answer if you'd like

1. What news source do you trust the most and why?

2. What news platform do you prefer?(ex:TV, Online, Newspaper)

3. What kind of news topics interest you?

I'm just wondering where people get their news from. You don't have to really answer that throughly and you can skip some of them if you'd like.

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Not really. I'll watch it if it's on but I don't really make it a point to sit down and watch television news.

Whatever happens to be on.

Yes.
    CNN for a basic overview, Slate for commentary, and various smaller news sites to get a complete picture.

Do you get your news from other sources(Newspapers, Podcasts etc.)
    Newspaper occasionally. I don't have a subscription but if it happens to be around, I'll flip through it. I still read my old town's paper occasionally.

A few more questions you can answer if you'd like

I try not to put much stock into any one news source but I trust whatever details happen to be repeated in multiple sources.

2. What news platform do you prefer?(ex:TV, Online, Newspaper)
    Online. Easier to search for and collaborate sources.

Anything world news, local weirdness, etc. I do read a lot of LGBT and science news. Only things I don't care for are sports and celebrities.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Where does everyone get their news from?
    A variety of sources.

Sometimes, yes.

All of them, even the ones I may not like as much, because all of them, when you take them individually and put them all together, formulate a picture.

A lot of the time, yes. But that's because I'm more likely to be on a computer, as opposed to watching actual cable. This isn't always the case, but it tends to be.

No particular websites. I tend to browse all of them, or at least as many as I can, especially if something particularly interests me.

Do you get your news from other sources (Newspapers, Podcasts, etc.)?
    Yes.

The local news paper, for one. Also, working in a public library, I have access to an impressive database of news-related articles. Every now and then, I may listen to something on the radio, in the car or in the background somewhere.

None of them, to be honest. Even if they are telling what happened, they may not tell all the facts. Call me paranoid or even a semi-conspiracy theorist, but when I see banking and automobile ads/commercials between news stories, you know there is an angle there.

2. What news platform do you prefer? (ex: TV, Online, Newspaper)
    Articles, really. They can be in a newspaper or website. I can accept television, I suppose, if they have some news feed with it. But usually, I find television-based news to be becoming more and more talk show-oriented, and less informative. Needs more 1960s news, when they'd call out the government on shit, like Vietnam.

Local obviously, because it pertains directly to me. Worldly news, be it political, social, or even economical. I tend to gravitate towards criminal, women, transgender, and racial-related stories. Conflicts as well, be they an ongoing military operation or "terrorist" activities.