1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Does Your Anger Come Out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Feb 13, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

How is your anger expressed? I've just had another argument with my parents and I did cut them off a few times, but most of it was them accusing me of using my support workers and playing on what they are doing, when they are the ones portraying them as thugs. They then once again said I bring out the worst in people. They repeatedly said unfair, self-centered and spiteful things like you wouldn't care if I died, you think we're awful people, etc etc. After my dad said he would tell the support workers that I'm using them, and I'm not sure quite what to do after he does that? When I get very angry, I've realised a shed twars profusely, more because I'm angry and do not know what to do with myself. It's...!een a long time since I cried, and I'd rather not mention the last time. What do you do when you are angry?

2. wasgij

Constructive stuff?
    Long walks. Making music. Fast mountain bike rides.

3. Rainbows~Exist

I say what I need to then storm off. I either then go for a long walk or to my bedroom and cry or watch YouTube videos...

4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I talk to myself as if I am talking to the person I am angry at. I sometimes even ended up saying horrible words to myself

5. Zombi3

Hm... I feel enraged.. and get a bit physical.

6. nwsa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Imho, Long walks, or bike rides could help you help calm your mind. (a little)

7. Notlad

Kinda just a really strong burst followed up with me not wanting to talk to anyone.

8. ANewDawn

I bottle it up. I generally am seething inside but don't say a word. If it's my parents I'm mad at, I have a bad habit of blowing lots of money on their credit card - I'm the queen of passive aggressiveness. I also tend to have lots of fights with them in my head where I get the chance to actually express how I'm feeling. Then I go to therapy and get it all out of my system.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Swear like crazy, push peoples trash bins over, punch a bag, drink wine, listen to loud music.

10. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to do subtle aggressive actions like partially attempting to-but-never-outright-do-it kick/slam things infront of the person who made me mad. I'm terrible at voicing my emotions so i usually don't voice out my anger

#10 Sonoa, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  11. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Bust my hand, scream, and annihilate stuff, myself included. You know; typical masculine angsty teen behavior. It's maladaptive. I make a point to make myself bleed because there's my sense of strength and power; I'm ruthless and punish myself.
    Passive-aggressive, sardonic cynicism is how I express my hate. After that, a few subversive actions. Lastly, I write about my moods in poems or aphorisms, because I break down and cry pools of anger....OMG. I'm crazy.
    Those stupid anti-anger tips are crap. They invalidate my feelings and serve to show how pathetic I am since they are silly and never work.

12. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Talking to myself (cursing included)

13. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If I'm in a confrontational situation I either turn off my emotions or cry, it depends on who the situation involves (I can't shut off when it comes to people I really love). If I'm on my own and letting my anger out, I talk to the phantom of what/who ever I'm angry with and I can't stay still, I have to do something (either cleaning or walking usually).

I don't get angry often though.

14. Toast8971

really depends on what has upset me. If it's not a huge deal I usually just push it down. If it's something that really has ticked me off I might punch a wall or something...

15. the haunted

Yelling, profanity, saying horrible things that I don't really mean to the people I love.

16. CyanChachki

Whenever someone irritates me to a point where I have to raise my voice to be heard. Though I get mad about things here and there, I don't really show it. It's not necessary and I'll more than likely forget about it in an hour... But say someone is blowing a whistle or tapping their fingernails and I ask them to stop (politely of course) and they continue to do it just to irritate me or if someone in public has said or done something rude such as butting into the line or telling me to lose weight, I'll tell them what for.

17. Gregarity

inarticulate and eventually teary aYY

18. Burnedcloset

I hide from everyone and wait for the anger to subside.

If there is confrontation it can sometimes turn into me crying....which is something I want to change.

19. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually repress it and boil inside, letting myself take a lot of words before I do anything, if I do anything.

20. Acm

Acm Guest

Cursing usually. Sometimes I'll punch/kick something like a wall or furniture, but only if I'm alone. I repress a lot of my anger too.