1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the science?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gasian, Feb 13, 2015.

1. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know that everybody states that "A scientific study stated that being gay is okay", but where's the citations? I need to see these links that being gay has been proven as scientifically okay. More importantly, I need to be able to show my parents when the time comes, that I didn't choose to like guys, but that I was determined genetically to like guys, more for their benefit than mine. If you have something that shows the same for transgender people, or another orientation, then please please please post it!

Moderators, if this is in the wrong place then please move it to where it belongs. Thank you!!!

2. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    brain scans:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-chat/158264-gay-men-have-female-brains-3.html#53

Empty Closets - For Parents
    The credible scientific literature, the American Psychological Association, the American Psychiatric Association, and the National Association of Social Workers are all completely clear on this issue: Sexual orientation is fixed very early in life, likely before birth, but certainly before 5 years of age. In an exhaustive review of the literature examining every study done in the past 50 years, the APA found that there was no credible evidence that sexual orientation is a choice, that it can be changed, or that so-called "reparative therapy" is effective in altering an individual's sexual orientation.

Transgender:

"... there is a part of the brain that is different sizes in males and females. Autopsies have shown that this structure is consistent in size with the desired gender of transsexual individuals regardless of whether or not they ever underwent HRT. This does not prove causation, but it is extremely good evidence for a biological cause. "

This is a brochure for the british national h ealth service:
    http://www.gires.org.uk/assets/DOH-Assets/pdf/doh-transgender-experiences.pdf
    The condition is increasingly understood to have its origins before birth.
    Research studies indicate that small parts of the baby’s brain progress
    along a different pathway from the sex of the rest of its body.
    This predisposes the baby to a future mismatch between gender identity
    and sex appearance.