1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interesting facts about yourself that no one knows

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by africanFlower, Feb 14, 2015.

1. africanFlower

i personally dont have any interesting facts or hidden talents that i hv but im a really fascinated to hear what talents you guys have hidden :slight_smile:(!)(!)

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You don't ?

What Is Your Secret Talent? - Quiz - Quizony.com

Staying Calm
    You great at keeping your cool when things go awry. You assess the situation before you react. You’re great at giving advice and calming your friends down because you take the time to see all sides of the situation. In a group environment, your contributions are invaluable to keeping things running smoothly.

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't really have 'talents'. But these are some things about me that no one really knows.

1. I'm double jointed in my hands.
    2. (In regards to that other thread) I was born on my due date.
    3. This one will be a shocker to some people... I'm gay.

4. Cam7125

Out Status:
    All but family
    I can move both of my eyes independently, and I know the first 80 digits of Pi by memory.

5. Davidg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I write left handed

6. africanFlower

oh my gosh, thats crazy cool. wish i had something cool too

7. QueerQueen

I don't have any that nobody knows about but..

I can read people easily and pick up on body language quickly
    I don't think I have a birth mark or can't find mine
    I can roll my tongue
    I have one dimple on the left side of my face and back dimples (google image it)
    I have really dark brown eyes that sometimes people can't see my pupil
    My brother is also gay and out to our parents

... That is all I can think of right now

#7 QueerQueen, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. I don't remember the number now, but I devoted a large part of my junior year to remembering digits of Pi for Pi Day. I think it's at least 50 digits, maybe more or a little less.

2. I was a "human calculator" in elementary school. These days, I've lost the ability to do basic math in my head without counting on my fingers.

3. I met Bob Dorough, the creator of Schoolhouse Rock, in the early 2000s.

4. I'm deaf in my left ear.

9. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. I was adopted at birth.
    2. If you add the numbers from my birthdate (12+7+1987) it equals the year that I graduated from high school (2006).
    3. I didnt start driving until I was 19.
    4. Im a picky eater.

10. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    •I have a fraternal twin. We don't look or act alike(and a lot of people don't know what fraternal twins are), so nobody ever believes us.

•I hate said twin.

•I also have a younger brother and an older sister.

•My sister's boyfriend lives with us.

•I have Kerotosis pilaris, a very common, easily treatable skin condition.

•I am very good at the sports of four-square, bowling, and ultimate frisbee.

•I have a really morbid curiosity concerning various forms of death and ways of dying, as well as the funeral business.

11. Kami

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I sing loudly and badly in my car by myself.....

Kyfry funny enough my birth date adds up to the year I graduated as well lol 4/14/1981 = 1999 lol

12. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure about things no one knows about, so I'll try to think of things that very few know about. Therefore:

10 random and completely useless facts about my life.

1. My father used to play this (rather boring) golfing game on the PS1 when I was a child. One day I had a go at it and he discovered that I had an uncanny ability to time my strokes, so decided to use me as his 'secret weapon' when playing against his friends.

2. I have an abnormal lordosis of the spine which was not discovered until my early 20s despite a long history of back problems. Essentially my spine is TOO straight, without the normal amount of inward and outward curvature (as opposed to excessive curvatures, which are a more common condition). I found this discovery ironically amusing, because all my life people had made comments like: "____ (my name) sits up so straight! She has really good posture!" assuming that this was a sign of a healthy back.

3. At the age of about seven, I had a habit of jumping off of things (no, that is not the interesting fact). And then once while I was doing this, an idea popped into my head that if I could use the power of gravity and keep 'falling' indefinitely, and keep gaining speed, that eventually my perception of time would slow down, and become more like that of fast moving animals while everyone else would remain the same. When I got older and learned about Lightspeed and Einstein's theories, I was both humbled and ridiculously disappointed to realise someone much older, cleverer and more respected than myself had come up with a similar yet FAR more advanced idea, decades before I was even born, meaning I could never successfully claim it as my own.

4. I used to read the NME (New Musical Express, a national and long-running music journalism paper). As a teenager I wrote 3 submissions to their letters page on separate occasions, 2 of which were published.

5. On the subject of writing, between the ages of 13 and 19 I had 3 separate near opportunities to have my fiction or poetry work published, only to miss out due to intervening circumstances.

6. I can wiggle my nose up and down like a rabbit, but not side to side like most people can.

7. I deliberately swallowed a penny when I was little, simply because I had no idea what would happen as a result and was so bored that I wanted to make the day more interesting. To this day, my mother believes I accidentally dropped it in my mouth.

8. ...Also when I was 3, I got a button stuck up my nose. Though I don't remember it, I am informed that my parents only realised what I had done when I started walking around whistling out of my nose as if it was the most hilarious thing ever.

9. I have a natural affinity with animals and can usually earn their trust quickly, including those that are normally stand-offish with humans.

10. I have a smallish, oval shaped Café au lait birthmark in a very... interesting location. Let's just say if anyone ever saw it, they'd be getting to know me VERY well :wink:

Extra fact: I have on occasion been very tempted to write fanfiction, but have never done so. But I have created fan art.

#12 TigerInATophat, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  13. africanFlower

if it counts for anything, i have a pink birth mark that is the exact shape as my mothers, people always think its a high lighter mark...because i go around drawing on my upper thigh -_-? probably lol

14. Burnedcloset

I had clubbed feet as a newborn baby. Doctors had to perform surgery and I still have the scars on my feet. I call them my jack skellingtom scars because, they look like his mouth all the across the back of my ankles. It caused one of my feet to be bigger then the others. As a infint I had to have 3 needles in my feet (2 in the left. 1 in the right) for 1 month while wearing a cast. This caused my left big toe to have the toe nail split. It isn't noticable now though.

15. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Interesting that. I've heard anecdotally about birth marks running in families but didn't know if it was a myth/common coincidence or an actual genetic trait that can happen.

Funnily enough, I actually did used to draw on my birthmark. By which I don't mean that I drew it on, rather that I used it as a base for drawing on myself, because it had these 5 little dot marks inside of the main oval, so I used to get a felt-tip pen and try to join the dots to make a five-point star.

16. africanFlower

TigerInATophat, i am also not sure if birthmarks are a genetic trait passed on even though mine looks like my mothers lol this is cause i haven't heard of any other cases. Another interesting fact about this birthmark is that if i press on it, it disappears for a good 10 secs.. haha

17. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i am double-jointed in my arms and legs

18. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have double-jointed thumbs, so I can pop them out of position and back in fairly quickly. The "out-of-position" looks like this: http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002579655/258432984_Thumb_answer_101_xlarge.jpeg

I've been playing the piano for 11 years now (although throughout those 11 years I was mainly focusing on other things like sports and school, so I'm not as good at it as I could have been).

I was adopted from China at 6 months old, as an orphan.

My best 5k time is 20:51. (I'm not on T yet.)

Even though I can't speak low and natural at the same time, I can alter my voice and make it very gravelly and funny-sounding.

I'm an only child.

19. WallWeed

I can lick my elbow.
    I was born with two teeth.
    I can solve a Rubik's cube in twenty seconds, on average.
    I was homeschooled all the way up 'til college.
    I have an almost nonexistent sense of smell.
    I didn't have a cellphone until I was almost 18.
    I have slept in a hut among the Kuna tribe in a village in Panama.

20. Polka Dots

When I was nineteen I was diagnosed with Stage 2 kidney failure. I fought hard to reverse my onset and survived.