1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a hypocrite?... and what's the attitude of mormons towards gay people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Feb 14, 2015.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Look, I'm an atheist but a hot missionary made me consider to join his church... so does that make me a hypocrite?

I take it like another way of socialize with other people regardless of my believes (or lack of)

Question #2....... what does mormons have to say about homosexuality? Do they think it's a bigger sin than killing people, like most religions do? Do they accept it? Or do they "accept" it like christians do?

2. SonicBoom

#2 SonicBoom, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Edy man I got your back on this 100,000% I live by a few handful of Mormons and sometimes I see them walking in there suits and then if there walking towards me I turn around inmediatelt and start walking faster because I know there gonna try and convert me to Mormonism and I don't buy it. As for there views on homosexuality and gay marriage IMO they do think its a sin without a doubt. I've never heard a moron say gays should go to hell however I have heard them say they think gay people should go to jail they say "that's gay" quite alot. Because everyone should procreate and have as many kids as possible and drive a suburban. And did you know once i went to a Mormon funeral and the kids were playing games at the funeral and I'm like what the hell is this.

Also you aren't a hypocrite (*hug*)

Happy Valentines day :slight_smile:

4. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, putting in my two cents. I was raised Mormon. And while some Mormons at least tolerate gay people, a lot don't. My family, for instance, was always so opposed to homosexuality that they would boycott shows that depicted a gay person (even if they never did anything inappropriate). Officially, the policy is that being gay isn't a sin, but acting on it is. Generally speaking, though, most of the church members I know treat being gay as a choice and a sin. And even officially, the Church is against gay marriage. Part of the reason I deconverted and ended up an atheist, really.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're an opportunist, and that's not right to use conversion as a way to meet hot guys. Trust me, I'm a cradle Catholic, and it would be super awkward if some gay guy hit on me at any church (and I knew some were).