1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would your life be different if you weren't LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Feb 14, 2015.

1. SonicBoom

I'm a gay male whom , sometimes, has a slight attraction toward females.

To date, I've never been intimate (physical or emotional) with a female.

I've just started having slight attractions toward females late Dec of 2014.

Other than that, I spent my whole entire life as a gay male.

Had I been a heterosexual male all my life, I'm pretty sure I would be a father by now.

I started being sexually active at the 15.

How about you?

2. Burnedcloset

hahaha. I'm not sure. I'd probably be married to a smelly gypsy girl.

I can't imagine myself any other way anymore though.

3. CyanChachki

Very different, I believe. If I wasn't bisexual, I wouldn't have come out. If I hadn't come out, The course of my time in HS would've flowed in a different direction and I wouldn't have had many of experiences I've experienced, good or bad. I would've never failed 9th grade twice. I would've never been put in therapy. I would've never met the people I came across and I would've finished school on time. I can't say that I wouldn't have been depressed or suicidal because other than the coming out, I was still bullied for my looks.. so who knows.. I can't say that my life would've been a lot better after school but again, who knows. It definitely would've been different and I probably would've kept a lot of my old friends growing up.

4. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I would be happier for starters. Maybe in a committed relationship headed towards marriage.

5. ANewDawn

I imagine I'd be happier, but I could be deluding myself. I would probably still be working towards the life goal of becoming some man's perfect wife.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd be one very deeply sad, boring motherfucker.

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It's likely that I would have a girlfriend at the moment..

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'd be more shallow, for starters.

I'd be able to recognize something as appealing, but perhaps fail to see beauty beyond the aesthetic or the benefit. Without my sexuality, there is a significant likelihood I wouldn't have taken the time to peel back the layers -- of any and every thing, to see what makes one tick, what empowers and paralyzes one, what soothes and moves. That I would not embrace the diversity of life, basically.

When something challenges a general notion or self perception, you can do one of the following:

Embrace, Explore, Ignore.

Ignoring is obvious. Embracing allows one to, potentially, become something more; adding another layer. Exploring, while the most difficult, due to vulnerability and discomfort, provides the greatest pay off, I believe.

Because I have explored myself, inside and out, there is a comfort in knowing, I know myself. There is a pleasure in knowing, I know my strengths. There is even security in knowing, I know my weaknesses. Nobody can -- to be more vulgarly hip -- fuck with me, because I know what I can do, what I am willing to do, and I am prepared where I'm vulnerable.

To be heterosexual, while convenient in some regards, takes something for that convenience. In my case, it would be my depth.

There is also a humbling lesson, when you are part of a minority. You learn the concepts of 'preference' and 'ignorance', as well as whom they benefit and favor. But to be a "minority within a minority" -- that last letter in LGBT -- is even more so. You experience the realities of 'judgment' and 'abandonment', as well as whom wields the power to inflict these. In a nutshell, without being a part of this community, there is a significant likelihood I wouldn't know, nor care, about 'compassion', 'understanding', or even 'strength'. I'd be much weaker, emotionally, as a person... because I wouldn't have had to fight as hard.

If I were totally okay with my biological body... let's not beat around the bush here -- I'd be on fire. I would, I firmly believe, be a lot further in life than I currently am. While I am very confident, it would pale in comparison to the confidence of being, physically, a woman, I feel.

I wouldn't feel deprived of wearing certain outfits, due to my physical shape. I wouldn't feel robbed of being a mother, due to my biology.

I could feel pretty for once. I would talk, and be perceived as a strong, confident lady, who just glows with beauty.

Basically, I wouldn't be half as angry as I am. Let's just say it.

However...

... once more, this predicament has instilled a wonderful lesson. Because I do not get to so freely be pretty, I know I will appreciate it. I can find it, in practically any thing or body. Because I do not get to wear those cute little jeans properly, I know I will appreciate it. I have a better eye for complimenting clothing, because of this. I'm also a lot better with color schemes, too. I know what "fits", literally, a person.

"Wow, Kaiser. "Complimenting clothing", really? That sounds pretty silly..."

I agree.​

Speaking of silly, let us discuss my sense of humor.

Yes, it's pretty atrocious at times. It can make one wince, and it can make them face palm. However, it makes that golden joke or remark all the sweeter, because it comes from a pile of joker jargon.

Without being part of the LGBT community, there is a very good chance my sense of humor would be more contained, more dull really. See, it is because I have had rough patches in my life -- LGBT-related and otherwise -- that I've learned to value laughter. There's too many people who feel loneliness, cry into their pillows, and are just stressed the fuck out. Too many.

To make a semi-long story short: I reached a point in my life, where, I was sick and tired of being pissed or alone. It took some effort, and it wasn't instantaneous, but I began to replace those more negative emotions with positive ones. There were some days harder than others, but I made it. It became easier the more I did it, because I'd run out of excuses as to why I'd go back to how I was. Pretty soon, I was speaking fluid sarcasm, which collaborated very well with my frustrated demeanor.

During all of this, I came to the conclusion, the reason I was always so "RAWR! FUCK DA WORLDZ!" stemmed from many issues, but the most revealing being: I was transgender.

It was this revelation that had eluded me for quite some time. But like the center puzzle piece, it was a very noticeable one missing, and it ruined the entire picture -- in this case, me.

To put it simply, without being transgender, I'd be a different person. I could justify a lot of things to myself, but that missing puzzle piece, that was really putting a damper on things. Being transgender was a contributing factor to my self-journey to improvement, I believe, though it may not have been the significant one. It just happened to be the most elusive and stubborn.

My life would be remarkably different, if you want the short and sweet. Lol...

9. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If my life were any different in regards to my sexuality then I don't think I would've had as many kids as I do now, which makes me sad thinking about it.

I suppose some things happen for a reason, so yeah.

10. lyjo

I'd probably have been in a relationship already (it's way easier to be straight). I wouldn't have my heart broken by all these straight girls. But I love being a lesbian so much, and women are way more attractive than men (no offence guys) :grin:

11. Notlad

Probably would just not be as relationship deprived and maybe I'd have been a little more comfortable with myself and may have had more fun through the past few years.

But it doesn't matter cause it's not happening

12. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A boring individual who is close minded.

13. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I definitely wouldn't be as interesting. I like the person I am, and being gay has played a big part in molding me into who I am. I'm really glad I'm not straight.

14. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I was heterosexual, for one, I would have never found this site and met the people here.
    I would probably be focused on having a girlfriend, probably even more so than I was while in denial. I would probably be asking this one girl to prom, and she would probably say yes. I might go with a girl anyway, provided I make sure that people do know that I am gay and that I wasn't joking.
    I would also be super scared of talking to girls.
    Out of the good things, I would have never gone through the stage of my life of being insecure about my sexuality. I know the sky is blue, but I must keep telling myself it's red. Whenever people brought up homosexuality in class, I struggled to not make my face turn red. It would be good to not have that part of my life.
    However, I hate being teased about girls. I would hate it as a straight guy, and I really hate it as a gay guy. I don't like it when people assume I am straight, but if I was straight I wouldn't be able to correct their assumptions.
    Being gay is the only reason a lot of feminists do not think of me as a potential rapist of women. It might also save me from going to jail for a false rape accusation from a woman seeking revenge (I doubt this will ever happen, but you never know)
    All in all, I would not take a straight pill and I am proud to be gay.

15. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hate the thought of me being a straight boy...But if I were, all of my friends would most likely be male instead of female, and I'd probably still be a virgin...

16. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have no idea. I'm a man, and I can't imagine myself as something else.

You are quite the life of the party, aren't you? :wink:

17. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The chances of me being in a relationship would be way higher. And I guess life would be a lot simpler that way. But who knows, it's just like that butterfly effect, change one thing in your life and you may have a whole different outcome, for better or worse.

18. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would be exactly the same, but being attracted only to women.

Sexuality is a small part of me, and it changed just very little things in my life.

19. Justinian20

If I was straight well I would not be in a relationship with anyone, cause it would still not do anything for me. I would still be a loner and I would still be the outcast at school. I would have more male friends, at the cost of female friends(this has already happened). I probably never would've been depressed, but for me I wouldn't be who I am if I was straight, it would make me feel fake and at the moment why would I even want to be straight, I would be less emotional like I was in high school, I would have higher self esteem since I would not care what I wore or looked and sounded like. My creativity would be in a hole in the ground buried under complete normality and my parents would pester me even more about having a girlfriend, so would the rest of the world. I probably would have a girlfriend though but she would make me dominant which I am not. So I would rather be gay and go through what I went through than be straight and live a supposedly normal life

20. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wouldn't be me, I would be a completely different person, a person I don't even know... and I wouldn't have my beautiful girlfriend which is something I don't even want to fathom!