1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

queeny guys ruined the gay image?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joshy the queen, Feb 15, 2015.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was talking to this guy who hates and despise all type of femme boys who are gay and that they have ruined the gay image and also that any guy who is attracted to a femme guy is also attracted to girls and that that bisexual people are whores who cant wait to get have sex with anyone
    He spent hours trying to get that idea to me but i didnt agree i got so mad and im thinking of blocking him !
    Just wtf is this non sence :***:

2. Burnedcloset

i agree 1000%.

Everything would not be better if there wasn't feminine gay men. Whoever you were talking to probably had some kind of internal issues.

3. CyanChachki

This guy needs to start learning a little more about the LGBTQ+ community. I've heard these arguments before and I'm.. just done with this immature BS. It's always shocked me that people who are part of a movement that's supposed to be about people loving who they love, be so phobic towards other people of the same community. You'd think that they wouldn't, being that they know what it's like to get hate and lose a few people (if not everyone), based on the gender you fall for. It's even sadder, knowing that this still goes on in this day and age.

4. Davidg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a masculine guy. I love the femm boys. I don't see what's wrong with seeing that as sexy. Just makes me happy when they want me as well. You should block this guy he's no good for you making you question simple things like this

5. 741852963

It takes all sorts as the expression goes so I don't have any problem with people who are more feminine or choose to present more flamboyantly. Its diversity.

What I do think is a problem though is the over-representation of said people in the media which I feel leaves many gay people feeling isolated and confused as to where they fit in. That isn't the fault of feminine or camp gay men though, its the fault of the TV producers and media for over-exploiting them.

6. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are femme straight men. There are masculine gay men. There are people who fall in the middle in both groups. And there are stupid people who can't be reasoned with like the one you were talking to. Screw him

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Close minded people :dry:

8. monome

It looks like a case of internalised homophobia nad trying to be more straight by comparision. Don't worry. Find some new friends :slight_smile:

9. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He is talking nonsense. Just ignore him. Or block him if you want.

10. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    If some masculine gay guys dislike being related to effeminate people so much, they should be more open about their sexuality so everybody can see that there're, indeed, masculine gays

But, instead, they hold it against brave gays that can't hide it.

11. C P

C P

Those type of guys are what ruins the image of the community actually(the one described in OP). If they can get over that stupid mentality that masc/fem = man/woman respectively...

It's a shame/kinda hilarious how backwards they are though. With all the shit that fem guys have to put up with in regards to not being considered 'real men', it takes a huge amount of courage for them to be themselves and, if anything, that makes them way more 'manly' than the most masculine p.o.s. with the mindset of the guy from OP, if you ask me.

And as for what he said about bisexuals...good grief this guy is so frickin' ridiculous.

The bolded definitely.

A lot of said guys still have their own issues and somehow think that being more masculine will, like you said, make them closer to straightness, aka the pinnacle of being a 'man'.

Dat logic... >_>

12. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    About half of gay guys are 'queeny' or effiminate to some degree so the non-fem gays need to get over their internalized homophobia and realize that that is the reality of how a lot of gay men are and accept it... people who say things like that are no better than the homophobes.

13. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell him that he is stupid.

@Seriously: Just block this guy.

14. tulipinacup

Looks like he's the one ruining the gay image lao

15. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Dude, that guy has some serious problems with internalised homophobia.
    I hate it when people say bi people want to shag everyone, I have straight and gay friends who are younger than me and have had sex with more partners than they can count on one hand :/ Stereotypes don't work, they're stupid

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Can't... control... bisexual... urges... must... fuck... everybody...

17. MrK21

What the frick? Why hate femmes so much? This pisses me off. I am a femme and bisexual. I am also a top. I also like have a thing for other femme guys. Don't let the haters get to you <3 :wink:

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, this all day.

Femme guys can be really sexy and fun compared to manlier types. The only way they "ruin" gays' reputation is if we are allowed to be grouped together like that. The only thing you can guarantee a "queeny" gay guy and any other kind of gay guy have in common is that they like males. The actions of one, in an ideal situation, would not affect the standing of the other. In fact, the actions of one effeminate guy wouldn't affect the standing of even another effeminate guy.

Classification has its advantages, but as this guy shows, grouping people for the hell of it can be quite destructive.

19. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just remember, it was the "obviously gay" guys (and their "butch" friends) who stood up for gay rights. In that sense, it requires a lot more courage to be a man and show a feminine appearance to the world. Masculine guys chase a false ideal of being macho and tough, as if that will get straight homophobic men to accept them... Homophobes don't care who you are. If you're gay, you're seen as horrible.

20. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think some of these guys should really come up with a solution instead of criticize other people for being who they are. But I kinda get where they're coming from. There's not enough media coverage of masculine gays and maybe that makes them feel invisible, which is sad

I just wish they stop saying things like "If I had to date you, I'd rather date a REAL WOMAN"

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2015 at 10:10 PM ----------

The only thing I can do is to encourage them to be more open about their sexuality, it's not easy but that way they will gain more media coverage

But the key part here is to overcome internalized homophobia