1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the big deal about RACE/ETHNICITY!? It is really getting ridiculous

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Mind Freak

Ever since Obama won yesterday my school has been like going coo-coo bananas about it. Good and bad.

On one side people are happy that he won. On another side people aren't happy and are getting mad that people are celebrating.

Really I'm glad that he won, it's showing me how ugly America truly is underneath all the political correctness, there is some real raw stuff.

These next four years are going to be something else ESPECIALLY for the south (where I live)

And what really pisses me off is that there is so much IGNORANCE! I just want to duck tape peoples mouths when I hear some of the comments. One girl goes "It doesn't matter he's going to get shot anyway" what kind of comment is that to make about ANYONE!?!

Seriously. And people are bouncing up the hallways "MY PRESIDENT IS BLACK!" um no; your president is BIRACIAL and anyway while it is a big deal that there is a man of any color in office, I feel like they're making the whole deal a black and white thing and its not. It's about who can run America the best.

And then you ask those kids if they know what he stands for, if they know any of his policies and they don't. I don't either. And honestly I'm disappointed in myself for not knowing anything about him since he's making history.

And one of my friends posted a big long blog basically downing black holidays, black scholarships and schools, and saying that black people are mean to white people and call white people names and shoot and carjack white people. All kinds of ridiculouslness. I think I mutilated the spelling of that word but I don't care this stuff pisses me off!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I want to help change people's views on these things because it's important, all the racism stuff isn't going to end if we can't see eye to eye and people just will not listen.

I need cake, a nice chocolate cake and milk to calm myself.

Am I the only one that is strongly effected by ignorance? Maybe I'm just taking comments too personally but I hate when people put race into anything but health, otherwise it's not relevant.

2. Beth

its the only thing thats been on the news here & its driving me nuts.ok so yeah,a black president,it does say a lot but everyones acting like thats all its about.its not.he could be white...black...pink with blue spots...but at the end of the day its about how he runs the country.so if people are still voting on account of someones colour then nothings changed,its just people are now voting the opposite way

3. littledinosaurs

that sucks. But i mean atleast you're not laboring under the false idea that because we have a black president that there is no longer any discrimination in america, i know thats kinda whats happening to a few people here.

4. I really don't care what race the president is.
    Yeah, I do think it's awesome that America has voted in a black president, it shows that the US is ready for change, and ready to start changing. But I supported Obama purely because of his policies and ideas, not because he is black.
    I don't see different races when I look at people, I just see the one, human.

5. Mind Freak

I posted a comment basically refuting some of the first guys stuff and agreeing with other parts and he deleted it...

I'm not really hurt by it; it's just like a weird feeling.
    I don't want to get mad because it's not a big deal but I spent a lot of time trying to get the guy to "see the light" and he just ignores it.

Oh well, nothing to lose sleep over I guess.

I agree with you guys completely btw. :slight_smile:

6. Beth

i cant argue with anybody making a point of the first black american president but they should hurry up & divert attention to what he's actually about
    ive got BBC news 24 on and to be fair they're finally chatting about it, getting a tad boring now though
    all ive got so far is "wow he's black & woaaaahhhh he's got a big big mess on his hands"

7. Mind Freak

Yeah, I think that's why he's trying to start doing stuff so quickly even though he's not inaugurated or however you spell that word. x D

8. Beth

anyone would think the world had stopped and he's the only man on earth right now

9. Mind Freak

Lol. Seriously.
    They just left everything/everyone else out to dry.

I'm a little guilty myself I'll admit it.

My school is donating books to the kids in Africa so they can read and I keep forgetting to take some since I don't really read them.

10. Beth

i remember we used to do things like that at primary school.its a good idea.but that was a long time ago since we did that

11. No One

yea i know how you feel i got very pissed today when the kid behind me in class was like "Damn it the nigger is in office" i almost turned around and slapped him

12. Mind Freak

I'm ok with people not liking each other;; but when you dislike someone because of race it's a different story.

But they have the right to an opinion just like everyone else.

13. kh23172

I'm definately affected by ignorance.. alot of my close friends share different views than I do, mostly because my needs seem to be different (mostly because i'm gay and they're not).. but i see ignorance as the request for change. America has made history in the last 24 hours, and I think that in the next four years America will make some great changes that will follow suit with what the majority of the minority wish... and that's equality.

14. Loveless

Loveless Guest

Yea same at my school. People keep saying he's a terrorist. One person was so mad she called him the n word.

15. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, he won't get shot. He'll be half-shot; they'll be aiming for the black half. Whichever one that is.

16. Mind Freak

Yeah, it just sucks that people are so mean and hateful for no reason.

I went and got chocolate cake and milk so I feel much better now. Lol.

17. Tim

Tim

My friend just sent me a pic -.-

[​IMG]

18. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    John McCain looks even creepier as a black guy.

19. Nodnarb

I've heard the "He's going to get shot" comment more times than I can count. One of my friends voted for Obama because he said that he thought McCain would die in office if he won, and that he thought Obama would be shot, and he trusted Biden more than Palin....I guess it's a vote for my candidate, but some interesting logic there....

I have been absolutely stunned by the racism displayed by many people here. I guess it's usually hard to see, simply because....there are virtually no people here who aren't white. But some people who I had a lot of repect for have said some outrageous things.

The last few weeks, my mom has got home from work, absolutely furious. Almost all her co-workers are deeply racist, xenophobic, and just plain bigoted. She can't stand to be around them anymore.

20. ok455

I noticed how much people are racist especially people i know! I been deleting people off myspace friend list like hot fly's because of the racism.

Some comments i been hearing about him

Like i just recently read someone myspace and they said if they wanted to see Michele Obama face they would go to the zoo

Someone said that Obama and the people that voted for him should be shot

hes not black enough
    Hes a terrorist
    His pastor is a terrorist
    He looks like Curious George

I wish people would accept him and move on