1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Makes You Weird?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

And before Confucius comes in here asking, "How does one define 'weird'?", I'm going to shut that down, right now, LOL.

I was thinking about my interests and hobbies, as well as my thought patterns and beliefs, and how they relate to, not only myself, but to the world around me. Among them, I acknowledged some possible weird traits about me.

I'd go into more detail with this, but I have some errands to take care of, and will have to respond to this upon returning later.

2. Ryu

Ryu

That I like pins and poking mhself with them. It feels nice. One time sir took all my pins... I was sad...
    And that I want to get appendicitis and tonsillitis so I can put my organs in jars and pickle them.
    And The only pictures on my phone since I got it working again are of lungs.

Oh yeah, fire and blood are pretty.

#2 Ryu, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  3. Sos13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1-the kid who never talk and never interact with classmate
    2-Worthless time waster
    3-liked the smell of gasoline
    4-Reject invitation to social places then regret it later
    5-answer the same thing to all question "uh I don't know"
    6-Give everyone death stare

There more to why I'm weird xD

4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All of the songs (the ones that I listen to, anyways) on my iPod are from video games. I'm not much into other stuff, I like the intensity that the video game music provides. So when people ask "What type of music do you listen to?" I awkwardly try to avoid answering.

I walk on my tip-toes a lot, which is a common feminine trait, and I get crap about it from my mom. ("Y'know, you want to be a boy but you still walk on your tip-toes!")

Depending on the situation I love the feeling of sadness (NOT anxiety, however), and I used to want to watch sad movies just to make me feel sorrow.

There are many more but I can't recall any more now.

5. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Pretty much everything, haha. I am probably considered quite an eccentric by most people.

For starters, my interests. As you, Kaiser, know already, I'm quite into the macabre and love twisted/dark aesthetics. I especially love oddities-type stuff and creepy old dolls.
    My love for the dark side of things is in pretty much all aspects of my life. My choice in music, fashion, etc..
    I find beauty in that which most are scared of.

I'm naturally a night owl, in fact I despise daytime, especially when it's sunny. I will lock myself up in my room if it's bright outside in the afternoon (when I wake up).

I don't speak much these days, which along with my appearance, probably freaks people out.
    Speaking of my appearance, my clothing, specifically the more extravagant Visual style clothing, is seen as strange for a male to wear in the West; and in Japan is considered "something the alternatives do".

My opinions on certain things may offend some people, as they are not the norm and I am very straightforward about them if asked.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there is more.

6. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel like my answer for this question is kinda unfortunate. Since high school the one thing that's made me seem the most weird to people was that I had a dream, a plan to achieve it, and that I was completely dedicated to seeing it through. And now that I've done that, it's even weirder. :/

7. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By being myself. The simplest answer I can give you.

8. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know. People who know me well tell me I am the weirdest person they know and they have never come across anyone else who is like me. People think I am very eccentric. I am not interested in anything that's not reasonably common. I really don't know what it is. I just think everyone else is really weird. I mean really really weird in different ways but all weird. The most common looking people are the weirdest. Their mind works in an odd way. I tend to find almost everyone really fascinating. That's could be part of my weirdness that people talk about. I can be very open and curious about people but if that's really so weird it's just sad.

9. littlesami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I considere myself weird for a lot of reasons, but like i enjoy sad music or sad books. I love sad books. If i like a book i'll cry on it, it's something i do. Also, concerning boys, i like (for now) poor little babies, you know? Those characters that are lost, all the time, that can't success, ever. Maybe because i'm like them, so maybe it's going to change.
    I'm weird because on one side i just hate being at home, i hate being alone, i hate feeling lonely, but some days i'm just loving it, not having anyone annoying me.
    I don't know, i feel weird but i'm good about it (at least today)

10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm weird because I never ever get sick of hearing the same music or seeing the same show a zillion times if I love it that much. I can also talk endlessly about my obsessions which can annoy other people.

But also...for some reason I cannot make my way through life in an ordinary way like most people. I get paralysed by the idea of living in the supposed 'real world' and spend a lot of time hanging out in fiction land as a means of escape, all the while knowing in the back of my head that it will only ever be temporary, that real life will catch up eventually.

I have a deeply philosophical streak that most people don't understand. I am capable of thinking of things on extremely deep levels and analyse them in a way most wouldn't bother with. So much so that I practically never see the surface value of it.

11. CyanChachki

- Things that I paint or draw. Random creatures with random scenery, just because I can.

- Taking roll up the rim seriously

- The way I dress in drag (?)

12. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was a kid I asked for a cat. My parents got me two goldfish instead. So I read about goldish and kept them for many years before unceremoniously flushing them down the toilet. It's weird because I felt resentful.

That reminds me. As a young child I used to play a PC game that taught you about different types of sea creatures. You could place creatures in a virtual tank and it would tell you what didn't work. So you would submit a tank full of various fish and you'd hear something like "BAD NEWS, THE GOLDFISH JUST DIED. Goldfish cannot survive in blah blah water. This fish has eaten that fish. The boxer fish has chewed on a sea plant." It probably sounds weird but I'm easily amused.

My mother forced me to ride horses before I could walk. I've just jumped over some fences. Despite her best efforts, I'm not interested in keeping horses. So I have plenty useless equestrian knowledge.

I was responsible from a young age. Perhaps even a little more responsible than now.

I've memorised demon sigils from the Ars Goetia. I've wondered if I could outsmart a devil. Although I think the myth of soul-selling is thanks to witch hunting hysteria. Anyway, what could a house spider(human) offer to a human (demon) in exchange for granting its wishes?

I've wrote in my blood. I still have a mark on my right thumb from 2 or 3 days ago.

I don't have a cell phone. I don't have a Facebook. I don't even have an itunes.

I have a colourful casual and practical fashion sense. It's been described as a 10 year old kid playing at soldier.

I used to be a furry. My fursona was a demonic werewolf. He had the power of electrokinesis.

I feel an energy in some knives like people report with swords. Some people think it's weird to collect knives, especially in my knife-phobic country. Despite all their kitchen knives and various tools that could be equally if not more dangerous in the wrong hands.

13. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's hard to say...just having the feeling of never REALLY and 100% fitting in. I'm very good in social situations and have a lot of friends but I've always had this feeling that I don't fit in. The weird thing is I attract people very easily despite feeling that way.

Even tho I like meeting people and hanging out with friends there's nothing Like shutting yourself away and just being alone.

14. antibinary

Apparantly everything. I called weird for chewing, for shaking my leg, for being pan, for talking about equality, for being nerdy, for rubbing my hands on the walls (why is it that half of these are just my ASD things), for saying bad gas, for getting annoyedd for running around when I get excited, for liking minecraft, for not liking or wanting to play or being allowed to play COD or GTA, being able to talk for hours in one circumstance but being unable to make anything more than random noise in others, for liking dinosaurs, for being accurate, for being boyey, and list goes on and on.

15. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Weird is when something is considered not normal so because everyone has a different idea of what normal is it is different for everyone

16. White Knight

Mostly because I don't feel obligated by society norms and rules or give any regards to social graces. Also tend to think things differentely than others around me.

Rude, weird and rebel seems like goes hand in hand for me.

17. Justinian20

Everything about me is weird, I'm a full scale weirdo. I'm so full of weird my weirdness meter shoots out the roof.

18. TheStormInside

I suppose, people consider me rather childlike. I have a lot of immature interests, like children's books, cartoons, films. I don't have much interest in a lot of popular "adult" media. I rarely listen to music. There are a lot of films everyone has seen I've not seen. I'm often off living in a dream world in my head, rather than reality. I will identify deeply with fictional characters, to the point of obsession. My room is still decorated with stuffed animals. I don't know what it is, but in some ways I suppose I've just refused to "grow up."

I have a lot of trouble with small things, as well. Socially, I'm in a cocoon. I have trouble with crowds and noise, and even weirder, my "werewolf nose" as I call it, I can't tolerate many odors that others find perfectly pleasant or acceptable. I get depressed about odd things or imagined slights. I get anxious about odder things, still.

19. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not me that's weird... it's everyone else. I'm misunderstood. :grin:

20. RadioRoss

I mean, I've been told I'm weird. I guess when someone says that to me, I can be sure that I'm comfortable with that person, and I can outwardly show that.