1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I be more rebellious?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Feb 15, 2015.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I tend to be very patience, which leads me to passive-aggressive response to stressful moments.

I wasn't like this in the past, though. When I hit puberty I was very rebellious. I came out in front of everybody in class. Not because I needed their approval, I just said something like "I'm gay so what?". I used to stand against homophobia and be very very honest, even when I was on the ground. I used to share my emotions with guys I liked, like a any other "normal" person would, but I've been rejected oh so many times, that I don't feel like being sincere anymore

My sister, on the other hand, is still very rebellious. I kinda envy the way she can express herself without a care in the world. Although this hasn't left her anything good.

Can you be rebellious in a wise way?

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2015 at 07:12 PM ----------

As a rebellious person, I shouldn't even be making this question lol!

2. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep doing what you are doing. It may not seem like it, but your rebellious nature shows that you have power, strength, and control. Just uh... don't overdo it. But I like the attitude. It will draw others

3. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I believe we all should be a bit rebellious, so as not to give control to others over our lives. However, that doesn't mean we should be impulsive on our actions. That's what I think.

It's not easy to find the ideal balance for this though.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Yes. It's good to not care what others think, do what YOU want to do despite what society says.

That's how I live my life, and it is how I will always be.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

There's a difference in being who you are and not changing for others, as opposed to just being a ruckus to society. Too many people lean towards the latter end of rebellion, and they just leave a bad taste in most mouths.

Can you be wise in rebellion? Yes, but there's two branches of it:

Tactically, you can pick and choose what you defy or speak up/out against.

Passionately, you can go out and find what matters to you, and bolster it.

I don't know if I'd call myself a "rebel", but that's because I always preferred the term "renegade", as it was meant archaically. An unconventionally rebellious individual.

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

You should be exactly who you are, and no one else. If rebellious is what you are, then embrace that by all means~

7. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, but rebellious as in against caring what others think or say. Be your own person and let others bask in it.

But by all means, not rebellious as in against respecting authority. Most of the time, you should.

To be wisely rebellious, I'm not sure about unless you have experience in many different types of scenarios and can always trust yourself to make the right decisions; hence the term 'wise', I guess.

#7 heyguyswhatsup, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say do what comes naturally

9. Formality

Oh I wish I was more rebellious. I'm too scared about what others think that I can't always do what I want.

10. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Selectively rebellious, yes.

Just know what/who your rebellion is targeted at and don't make the lives of others difficult just for the sake of it. Also, use rebellion cautiously. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face so to speak because you'll lose out in the long run, there's smarter ways to go about it.

I was/am a rebellious individual in various ways. When I was younger this mostly took the form of seeking to do my own thing whilst letting others do theirs, so long as it didn't unnecessarily infringe on their own liberties and such. Most of my interactive rebellion was targeted at (when deserved) authority figures, whilst my respect was reserved for those who actually did their job properly and in the best interests of everyone instead of just doing the bare minimum/abusing their power/doing the right thing on paper just to appease the system. I've calmed down a good deal since then and now it takes different, less obvious forms. But I doubt it's something that ever really disappears if it's in you.

Go your own way, but let others go theirs.

In fact I will leave you with these words, from one of the greatest and most eloquent philosophers of our time: Mr Eric Cartman, who I've always thought sums it up pretty well in this clip*:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTd-KZuXB7s

*This is South Park, and it's Cartman, so you know what to expect in terms of language people.