1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Speaker

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by epiphanies, Nov 5, 2008.

1. epiphanies

You guys, I am so excited about a speaker we had tonight at school. I just got back.

She was talking about diversity, leadership, and stereotypes. And she was talking about how hard it is to be gay on a college campus, and to have people be open minded. She had people name some nicknames for gay people, and then to list qualities of their friends who are gay. So on one side we had "butch" and on the other side we had "amazing, smart, cute, funny, caring". I think she may have helped out around here. It's so closed minded, but hopefully some people were actually listening.

2. kh23172

That's really great actually..

I think someday soon people will realize that being gay isn't a disease or mental illness, and its not a choice or a burden.. its more a gift, and a divine one at that. Seems like all the gay people that I talk to be more open-minded invdividuals who usually are striving for something; unlike most heterosexuals.

3. epiphanies

Oh, I got pissed at the beginning tho. She had people stand up if they agreed with a statement, and one was "Gay people try to recruit and change straight people to be gay." I mean, come on. Seriously?

4. kh23172

Lmao, and straight christians don't tell gays that they should convert to save themselves? Okay..