1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I went to the gay area of my city

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by medic, Feb 16, 2015.

1. medic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It was unbelievable. I'm not really making a point here, I just want to gush :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'd been trying to make myself go for a long time after coming out (about 6 months ago) but never quite managed to work up the courage. I go clubbing a fair bit but I'd only ever been to straight places. I have fun but it always feels a bit anticlimactic. A week or so ago I gave in and messaged a friend of mine who goes to the gay area regularly (he's a student) and he said he'd show me around.

I won't give away the city but the LGBT area is HUGE and I was totally blown away. Initially I was nervous. Seeing pride flags everywhere and guys holding hands was both weird and cool at once. I'd been watching Queer as Folk (the US version) so I felt like part of a tv show haha.

We got wristbands that made it obvious I was gay and I think for the first time I walked around in public feeling completely at ease that other people knew. Totally liberating. We headed to a bar and some alcohol removed any lingering discomfort. Went to a club afterwards which was absolutely huge and had the most fun I've had in my life. Total blast. Also had my very first kiss with a guy (or every really) which was great. Totally meaningless but great. I even managed to initiate a second one which was a pretty big deal! I'm still a bit giddy after it all haha. Oh yeah. And it was Valentine's day.

If you have any doubts and you know you enjoy clubbing, go.

Gush over! :thumbsup:

2. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good for you, that's great!

3. medic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just thought I should add clubbing isn't for everyone though! Only really recommending it to people that know they enjoy it. If you don't you'll probably find these experiences in less alcoholic circumstances!

4. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, it would have to be less alcoholic for me since I'm 18 :slight_smile: But I've been thinking about going into the city, although I'd have to go alone so I'm not sure.

5. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish Tijuana had a Gay area...

6. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always fancied that I am in the scene where people are not looking down at the LGBT community. And also meeting people who are not going to judge you when you say youre bi/gay. I wish I can go in places like that! You are lucky! So happy to hear that there are places like that!