1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlexIs94, Feb 16, 2015.

1. AlexIs94

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there, I'm new here and this is my first post. I just recently came to accept the fact I am genderfluid. I am biologically a male but I drift in and out of the female gender.
    I am out to a couple close friends (but not all) and none of my family aside from my father. I just told my father today and I was faced with a bunch of points which made me feel quite humiliated and downgraded. I want to make him understand because I feel as though I can't be myself at home...
    The main "issue" that was risen was setting an example for my young siblings who are only seven and four years of age. The example I want to set is to be yourself no matter what anyone says but my dad is telling me to not wear my nail polish or any of that to avoid him being placed in an awkward position in regards to questions.
    I don't know what to do. Can anyone advise anything?

2. Notelling

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Now I am not genderfluid so I know very little about what you should do, but what I would do is just ignore what your dad says. Yeah, it may be akward for your dad when you are being yourself but what matters is if you are happy. I know it is tough to ignore him but you gotta try! Stay strong!