1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding LGBT in High school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomfactor, Feb 17, 2015.

1. randomfactor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ive read that some of people managed to find other gay peers in high school while maintaining their sexuality a secret. Im wondering how could anyone of them do that? If you are one of them , please share the story!

2. YunoGasai

find one lgbt person you find alot more. at least thats how it worked for me :slight_smile:

3. Lyana

I was totally closeted in high school, but one of the first guys I made friends with was gay. He was in the closet and no one knew, but because he felt I was accepting (that bit's no secret), he came out to me pretty quickly. Then, over the months and years, I slowly found out that several people in my circle of friends were LGBT. I never went looking for them, they just happened to be there.

Not very helpful, I suppose. I do think being clear that you're in favor of equal rights, that kind of thing, can help people see you as more approachable. I assume there's no GSA at your school? Any LGBT youth groups in your city?

4. Quiet Raven

The only people I hung out with in High School were people my brother introduced me too. There happened to be a couple gay people there.